flushing the cooling sysetm on an engine

WildPlumDx

Take the head off and spray water through all the gallerys at a reasonable pressure (preferably with the rest of the engine apart, but doesnt really matter I spose) A waterblaster would work best, otherwise a garden hose with your thumb over the end will work sweet. :wink:

get a 2 litre coke bottle, half fill it with water, then hold the neck of the coke bottle so its submerged in the water just under your radiator cap, leave it there for a while and all the shit floats out into the bottle. might work better if you quickly start and stop the car. dunno just what im told works. east coast styles.

I don't do any of that. I buy a rad flush. Pour it into my rad at the store and drive home. Then I pull off the top rad hose and stick the garden hose into the rad. and flush out all the shit. Replace with water and antifreeze to prevent corrosion from happening again.

i agree with rt's one but if the engine is out then reverse flush the bugger , dont really need much pressure just flush from bottom hose and bottom of raditator till water goes clear , shit ive done it enough i should know haha . and yea get a GOOD quality coolant not the $5 stuff you buy at my work (supercheap) does more harm then good that stuff

well i did the rad flush pulled the frost plugs out two of 10 put a hose thru the gallerys and what not cleaned it all good so i thought ended up pulling the whole engine out thought i'd whip out all the frost plugs and blast it too high heaven with the waterblaster MATE so much crap came out! mint now so guess thats the only way to do it any other way only gets jack out! shes all clean nows :D