3 piece wheels

lowlancer

I can't get my cunting wheels apart. They're 3 piece, so the mesh face can come off for a new powder coating, and then I can take them to get polished. I've crc'd the fuck outta them, but the allen key bolts don't wanna move...Any ideas?

Guest Eddie W

When I stripped some 3 pce that I had I needed to use a rattle gun because the nuts were locktited. Even then it took some time.

Eddie

Guest Eddie W

An air driven impact wrench. Basically the same as tyre shops use on wheel nuts but mine is a 3/8" drive not 1/2". The only way I could get them loose.

Eddie

Guest Eddie W

Any garage will have one but sort your socket out first. If it's an allen key itwill be a piece of piss but mine had 12 point heads which was a little trickier.

Eddie

Geez, you fairy.

Sit an appropriate sized ring spanner on the inside nuts of the rim, braced against the inside wall of the rim so it can't move when you try to turn the bolt from the other side.

Use either a hex/allen key socket attachment onto a longarm and slowly force it until you free it then undo it as normal. If you do not have such a socket then attach your allen key and place a small piece of pipe (approx. 1ft or longer) over the key and use that for extra leverage. (if you've got a hydraulic floor jack, the handle would come in.. handy at this point)

If that fails, then take it in somewhere and get someone else to loosen them for you with n impact wrench.