Weber ignorance

v3k

I dont know anything about webbers... But there is one on my 2L beasty. When you take the big round (and plastic) air filter cover off it has two square(ish) inlets with butterfly valves in them. Am I likely to be able to find a model number on it? Or can someone give me an idea what it is from my (shite) discription.

Also, How much are they worth. (not selling yet, but will)

Likely to be a weber 32/36. Will probably have 26 and 28 stamped on the outside of the two throats. Model number I believe is typically stamped on a small tag attached to one of the float bowl screws and will probably list it as a dgav or something.

The two throats open sequentially and there is normally an auto choke mounted on the side (two small water hoses passing out of an odd looking housing on the engine side by memory...).

They seem to be selling on trademe for $40-$80 depending on condition and who wants to blow the most money on the day...!

Yep, 32/36 and it'll have 26 and 27 on the outside of the throats.

If you look down the bottom of the carb, on the flange where it bolts to the manifold it'll have the model number, but you probably wont be able to see much untill its out of the car and cleaned (depending on how dirty it is :wink: ) It should say 32/36 DGV or DGAV if its an auto choke one.

Yep, 32/36 and it'll have 26 and 27 on the outside of the throats.

If you look down the bottom of the carb, on the flange where it bolts to the manifold it'll have the model number, but you probably wont be able to see much untill its out of the car and cleaned (depending on how dirty it is :wink: ) It should say 32/36 DGV or DGAV if its an auto choke one.

What ^^ said, model number is on the base of the carb, the side thats closest to the rocker cover so you most likely cant see it till you take it off.

Can a 32/36 be made to fit any car? I suppose it would depend on the manifold right? I want one for the celeste, but don't wanna jump in and buy one before knowing it'll work

yeah, its just up to the manifold.. oh and the annoying throtle linkage thingy for the accelerator cable, which can be annoying

I made a 32/36 DGAV (took the auto choke off) webber fit on my gemini Made a plate out of 25mm thick ali and had to hack the manifold out a fair bit and file everthing slowley till it fit nicley runs good had to rejet it smaller air correction jets did the trick. But you can probably buy an adapter like a red line one or somthing for most cars.[/img]manicutout3sv.jpg

Dont have any pics of the adapter.