4 stud to 5 stud

peteretep

Yeah, it's definatly a big task. Lots of fabrication involved. Most people (i would think) just grab a brake setup off of another car and get it customised to fit their car. I can't imagine it being cheap. Why do you want to do this?

You can get 4 -> 5 stud adapter plates but if you want to go to a similar or same sized PCD it's a pain in the arse.

Alternatively with some models of vehicle a later variant (or earlier) that came in a 5stud, you may be able to change the hubs etc. over. ie. 4->5stud R32 Skyline conversions, NA to Turbo as it were.

Also though, if he's looking at brand new wheels from the manufacturer, most come in a selection of 4 or 5 stud varying offsets etc etc etc. so if he/she/it/the dog, finds one they like and want then just ask the wheel place whether they can get it in a PCD to suit the car.

Yeah. If the wheel shop is any good, they should be able to buy blank wheels and get them drilled to the right stud pattern / offset. Or at least that's what I was told when I was looking at a set of wheels for my car and wanted the perfect offset.

I just thought of another idea, its a bit rough but what you could do, if the rims are alloy, is find a good alloy welder (most sheet metal places can weld alloy) weld up the holes and the hollows in the back then send them to and engineering shop for re-machining and re drilling, it will be very expensive but i supose that depends on how much you want those wheels on your car, get a quote first, i gaurantee you'll shit your pants when they give you a price.