Tomble's adorable go cart / distraction / Alto Works

tomble

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im assuming you did fresh oil and filter when you dropped the first load of oil? (again not wanting to tell you to suck eggs)

Lots of different views as you said on how to break an engine in

Did you hand crank the engine over a few times when you had put it all back together?

Great work :)

Typically if I don't want to see boost I just pull the rod off the wastegate actuator on the turbo so it doesn't stay closed as the flap will open without that resistance (or pull the spring out if its external)

In saying that, only if its something you can access easily

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, shrike said:

Im assuming you did fresh oil and filter when you dropped the first load of oil? (again not wanting to tell you to suck eggs)

Did you hand crank the engine over a few times when you had put it all back together?

No worries at all, I welcome feedback and questions and double checkings.

Yeah, fresh mineral oil and filter for the break in, then fresh mineral oil and filter after the 20km. We'll go back to the regular stuff after 200km.

We turned it "a few times" on the stand by hand just as a part of assembling and validating, then built oil pressure once it was all back together via the starter (spark and fuel unplugged).

31 minutes ago, shrike said:

Typically if I don't want to see boost I just pull the rod off the wastegate actuator on the turbo so it doesn't stay closed as the flap will open without that resistance (or pull the spring out if its external)

In saying that, only if its something you can access easily

Great idea with the boost. We did have good access to it. That'll be useful knowledge for the starion :)

• Like 1