3 generations of Muncies impulse bought the same GN125.....

Muncie

Mixed up some chameleon green purple blue flip, went to do base coat black and gun decided to play up so I used a stack of thinners clearing it out finally got a good coat of black on and called it a day.

Will let the paint harden and go at it again another day give it a light scuff more black then go colour and clear.

For now Zach can take parts home it and ride it ground work Is done.

IMG_20230226_123848_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zach.

Cool Bike.

The bike is a pretty well sorted package right now- reliable, on its way to being legal and its brakes and suspension will match the engines performance. Keep enjoying it and get something faster when you are ready - a GSXR250 doesn't cost that much in the scheme of things and comes complete with better components in a well sorted package that the GN will never match (even after tons of mods)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Best bolt on performance is a Dr200 engine. Twice the power of the GN and reliable. Should be able to pick up a thrashed farm bike for cheap where you are, they always run again with a carb clean and cleaning out the cowpoo filled killswitch

Revin costs almost the same as a live rego GN 

(90s 250s have around 40hp compared to a GN 11hp and a Dr 20hp)

But I dig modding the gn platform

On 27/02/2023 at 09:32, flyingbrick said:

Hi Zach.

Cool Bike.

The bike is a pretty well sorted package right now- reliable, on its way to being legal and its brakes and suspension will match the engines performance. Keep enjoying it and get something faster when you are ready - a GSXR250 doesn't cost that much in the scheme of things and comes complete with better components in a well sorted package that the GN will never match (even after tons of mods)

Reasons I suggested a gsxr250 in the gn is I used to have one one for about 12 years basically I got back problems and the riding position just killed me my legs would cramp after 15 minutes and bought the fun to an end.

Riding position on the gn is magic comfortable as for me (should I jump on) the gsxr250 shriek though when given a hard time is addictive so a swap would be for noise mainly, and just be a cool if a little bit odd should we do it. For now the GN125 runs great and is an excellent fit for Zach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tortron said:

Tyres and bars are the best mods for a GN 

I've got a set of whites superbike bars on my V-twin moped I'll try get Zach a set once he's done riding on dirt. The nudge bars have saved the brake and clutch levers more than once. 

On 02/03/2023 at 21:02, Muncie said:

I've got a set of whites superbike bars on my V-twin moped I'll try get Zach a set once he's done riding on dirt. The nudge bars have saved the brake and clutch levers more than once. 

I've got a set of flat bars if you want em, took them off my GT125 because I'm boring 

53 minutes ago, Doug Hill said:

I've got a set of flat bars if you want em, took them off my GT125 because I'm boring 

Hey Doug if your willing to poke them on a courier to the Waikato im sure they would go to good use.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/03/2023 at 18:24, tortron said:

Tyres and bars are the best mods for a GN 

On 27/02/2023 at 09:41, tortron said:

Best bolt on performance is a Dr200 engine. Twice the power of the GN and reliable. Should be able to pick up a thrashed farm bike for cheap where you are, they always run again with a carb clean and cleaning out the cowpoo filled killswitch

Revin costs almost the same as a live rego GN 

(90s 250s have around 40hp compared to a GN 11hp and a Dr 20hp)

But I dig modding the gn platform

I found a cheap gn250. thought about putting the engine in the gn125 and the gn125 engine in my ching chong bike, not sure whether the gn250 will fit tho dad said ask you so worth a try

I haven't tried, but a quick measure looks like it will. 

The 125 engine has wider mounts all over, so you can make some spacers.

The mounts on thr engine look to be about all in the same spots

The gn250 has a longer swingarm, so there's some frame differences. I do t have any frames here to check. 

250 vs 125 performance irl is about the same, the GN125 makes less power but is lighter so it works out. 

Let me check the height differences, the top mount may be too tall

19 minutes ago, tortron said:

I haven't tried, but a quick measure looks like it will. 

The 125 engine has wider mounts all over, so you can make some spacers.

The mounts on thr engine look to be about all in the same spots

The gn250 has a longer swingarm, so there's some frame differences. I do t have any frames here to check. 

250 vs 125 performance irl is about the same, the GN125 makes less power but is lighter so it works out. 

Let me check the height differences, the top mount may be too tall

So it should fit just with some custom work?

Not quite

The front mount to rear mount on the 125 is about 30cm, the 250 is about 35 

The 250 top mount looks about 4cm taller than the 125.

You might just get away with making top and front engine mounts, but I think it will probably need the frame modded 

It looks like you could get the rear mounts to work

I think the engine will be about touching the top of the frame and the front down tube based on measuring my gn125

IMG_20230426_190936.jpg

• Like 1