3 generations of Muncies impulse bought the same GN125.....

Muncie

15 minutes ago, tortron said:

Not quite

The front mount to rear mount on the 125 is about 30cm, the 250 is about 35 

The 250 top mount looks about 4cm taller than the 125.

You might just get away with making top and front engine mounts, but I think it will probably need the frame modded 

It looks like you could get the rear mounts to work

I think the engine will be about touching the top of the frame and the front down tube based on measuring my gn125

IMG_20230426_190936.jpg

Hmmm could buy the gn250 see if it will work if not just put the gn250 in the ching chong bike

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, tortron said:

At that point maybe consider just riding the 250

Cutting up a GN125 and a gn250 to make a gn250 might need a sniff test

I guess just to be different and the gn125 is more complete and not rusted and i know i can get ot legal in the future not sure about the gn250

IMG_20230501_112328.thumb.jpg.89cf5ccc7f398c3ab71032c8f1e8d360.jpg

Take this back half of a GN125 frame and cut up the gn250 if you want 

Will have to narrow the rear mount on the engine, or widen on the frame. This will get you a little more clearance on the top engine mount to frame. 

The front engine mount will be too far forward for the 125 frame still I think

• 3 weeks later...

There's basically only the one tyre available for the 16" rear (you can get a good one but you have to import it yourself). Front is fairly easy as 18" is common for rear tyres and there's 'plenty' of front/rear options available there. 

I have a heidenau scout on the front and I put at 18" rear on mine and run a shinko SR244 on that

Stock gearing is around 14/43 tho some years are a tooth different for no real reason

• 3 months later...
On 01/06/2022 at 18:36, Muncie said:

Test ride done with no exhaust pretty peppy once it's moving but 90 ks it's on the redline with the farm gears.

Gave it a wipe with an oily rag and gotta say it's pretty mint! A puff of paint and it'll be too nice to let the kids on.

Amazed it's been on a farm and the seat is immaculate foam is soft vinyl isn't rooted gave it a clean and leather cream it's glossy as.

Tell me about farm reg? I want to get it back in system but not pay full bike reg yet.

20220601_183012.jpg

Hey, What tyres have you got on this GN125, I cant find any dual tertian types anywhere?