Joker's New Boring Daily Company Car

JoKer

this AU listing https://www.holmart.com.au/holden-vt-vx-vy-vz-wagon-cargo-barrier

5404.jpg

has dimensions for the Holden Unit to be 1400x1000 so at this stage seems like it might work

chch just seems to be the natural Barrier at this stage, how handy are you at shipping?

& I dont wanna be a dick about it but I'm looking at this one on the tard 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/holden/accessories/auction-1504867483.htm?rsqid=414505d534d3483aa3302cd6a04e3df3

$10 from the Waikato, appears pickup only unfortunately, so I'm a bit stuck lol & also in no real rush

No being a dick at all. 

I'd go for the holden one over trying to fit the ford one if I was you.

They are bloody solid, so if it didn't fit right it would be a shit to tweek or modify .

I'm sure the os gc courier service should be able to sort out the pick up problem with the one on trademe.

Or, you could sell the holden and get yourself the much more superior au falcon wagon, and then I could supply the correct fitting barrier .

but of course, finding someone willing to sell their au wagon would be harder than finding the holden barrier.

what a conundrum

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/1/2018 at 23:46, flyingbrick said:

I had no idea about that hidden menu either.... dammit, i want cop mode! @Shakotom can we DIY unlock it?

Yeah, it’s done by driving the vechile under wide open full load conditions from a cold start all day  till you turn it off

then repeat the cycle all the time

Pretty sure it’s nothing special apart from magic programming of IPC to minimise speedo reading error margins and updated FE1/2 suspension package

then it’s just a life time of cold start abuse that makes them go hard 4 wot they r

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2018 at 22:05, JoKer said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/holden/accessories/auction-1504867483.htm?rsqid=414505d534d3483aa3302cd6a04e3df3

$10 from the Waikato, appears pickup only unfortunately, so I'm a bit stuck lol & also in no real rush

Can get it down to Taranaki-ish area this weekend if you end up buying it. That's if it fits in my wagon though....

56 minutes ago, Threeonthetree said:

it fits in my wag

ooh what about the other way? & chuck it on the pile of stuff Santa Sentra & you sorted out before Xmas? Plan is to fright the whole lot now at earliest convenience (seeing if I can tee up a Back load from a Local or Plan B go with your quoted company

I won't be able to get it from Hamilton to Auckland but can definitely put it on your pallet of stuff at work. I'll be fully laden on my way back to Auckland on this trip.
But if any other OSers are heading from Hamilton to Auckland and can fit the barrier then they can drop it off to me and I'll take it in to work.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Soooo I bought an Exciting Daily!

A 1996 Gravel Express

X3GbbB6l.png

I didnt go shopping for it just came up in a group at the right price at the right time

November is FLAT NATS 18' NZ's Subby Nationals (like OS Nats but single make)

so bought it for that & intend to sell in December

Girls car most its life, Auto & lots little things to tidy up / improve on

Full trackday @ manfeild (like out the extension) which I've never done on the 24th & other events on the 25th

Looking forward to it!

plus it does wagon duties too, not bad for a Sport hatch

t0itgvil.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The above has been in hibernation, busy time selling & buying houses / wedding down south So I offered an OC:GC freight run

Someone joked 'can you bring a car back with you, then I had someone ask me a favor about a Subaru in Pahiatua, if only they had a way to get it to the South Island....

52605857_315995592598456_455662999659610

so a plan was hatched to do a swap..

Along the way a Towbar wanted to get south & a Set of rims north, and another wanted an Interior from Nelson

so the Old Barrymobile did a trooper & 900km return trip

52797066_10157003497832456_7134456839235

I lost a hubcap!

• Like 3

Then back in DVK for 5 mins and a Lady attacks the trailer with her low IQ (skip straight to the 30 second mark for the 'action')

forward view (also nothing much to see here)

No Harm done : I LOL'ed when I came out & saw the Mrs wandering around it like it had a flat...