HQ 308 exaust

Crock

I am currently in the process of putting a 308 V8 in my HQ

The 308 has a lumpy cam and Hurricane tuned headers

I will need to have a low volume certification done once i am finished

At the moment i am thinking about the exaust pipes

I want to have a good loud sound

I have been told to do straight pipes which i guess means no muffler

The problem is when it goes for cert i dont think that will pass the sound test of under 90 decibells

I would like any advice on this

Thanks

A 2 chamber Flowmaster will be plenty loud and sound fantastic you wont be dissapointed a 3 chamber will still sound fierce but be a bit quieter however 3 chamber flowies are a huge muffler you might struggle for space. Go twin 2.5 inch into the muffler then single three inch over the diff.

A 2 chamber Flowmaster will be plenty loud and sound fantastic you wont be dissapointed a 3 chamber will still sound fierce but be a bit quieter however 3 chamber flowies are a huge muffler you might struggle for space. Go twin 2.5 inch into the muffler then single three inch over the diff.

Mainly its because ive had this exact setup on my commodore and it gives good results and ground clearance. 3 inch is bigger of course so everything is bigger and harder to thread around things. Ive driven an Hq with twin three inch right thru and it caught in everything which quickly wrecked the headers.

With a 308 twin 2.5 is more than enough. in fact for driving round on the street twin 2 inch is plenty. The HQ with a 308 in it I had years ago sounded awesome with twin 2 inch pipes and cheapy straight through mufflers. I put dump pipes on with caps that could be unbolted without jacking the car up and it ran mid 14's all day.