Mk2marty's Radisich Telstar Foamer Thread

mk2marty

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It's refreshing to find similar fellas interested in these vehicles and hopefully, well I'm sure paying the respect they deserve

I've been tin bum enough to score a 1996 version of these # 21/100 in a rather rare colourway (Fiordland Green) from my folks. I've done loads of research on these vehicles and have plenty of knowledge to boot form reliable sources.

My folks bought the vehicle @ a mere 25,000kms in 1998 from Pacific Motor Group in Whangarei where it has lived ever since. It comes with service history from day dot!!! :shock: As mentioned in previous posts on this article they come with 16" Astrons, however this one has 17". I've viewed around 15 of these vehicles almost a 50/50 split in years of 94/96 and 99.9% of them have dual tipped exhausts, however my one does not as well as viewing the engine bays of the same Radz all have standard air filters, however my one does not.

I've been trying for a fair amount of time to start up an appreciation club for these Telstar Radisich's and or a Radisich Telstar car club, however all to no avail. I'm hoping you guys on here maybe able to help/interested in starting one.

Wish I could upload photos, however I spend more time in my garage under my varying vehicle hoods, so computer skills are @ a minimum, I'm sure someone could let me know how to show my car

P.S. How do you upload photos on this site :doubt::x :-x :x

I've been trying for a fair amount of time to start up an appreciation club for these Telstar Radisich's and or a Radisich Telstar car club,    (or maybe a 'Friends of the Mazda V6 club') however all to no avail. I'm hoping you guys on here maybe able to help/interested in starting one.

Good idea. Then Vivas and mx5's with these engines can join...

I remember checking the 'new 24valve Telstar' out at my local Ford/Mazda place. I was in love with the idea of such big wheels, tiny tyres (at the time) and an all alloy 24v V6. I didnt really know much about cars but it all seemed cool.

And now I own not just one but 4 of these engines!

That first Vid posted up on page one.... wow. So much nice sound. My Viva really is so damn quiet compared! I might play with the exhaust.

It's refreshing to find similar fellas interested in these vehicles and hopefully, well I'm sure paying the respect they deserve

I've been tin bum enough to score a 1996 version of these # 21/100 in a rather rare colourway (Fiordland Green) from my folks. I've done loads of research on these vehicles and have plenty of knowledge to boot form reliable sources.

My folks bought the vehicle @ a mere 25,000kms in 1998 from Pacific Motor Group in Whangarei where it has lived ever since. It comes with service history from day dot!!! :shock: As mentioned in previous posts on this article they come with 16" Astrons, however this one has 17". I've viewed around 15 of these vehicles almost a 50/50 split in years of 94/96 and 99.9% of them have dual tipped exhausts, however my one does not as well as viewing the engine bays of the same Radz all have standard air filters, however my one does not.

I've been trying for a fair amount of time to start up an appreciation club for these Telstar Radisich's and or a Radisich Telstar car club, however all to no avail. I'm hoping you guys on here maybe able to help/interested in starting one.

Wish I could upload photos, however I spend more time in my garage under my varying vehicle hoods, so computer skills are @ a minimum, I'm sure someone could let me know how to show my car

P.S. How do you upload photos on this site :doubt::x :-x :x

Mate! It's good to know there are other Telstar people out there, mine must have spent some time at Pacific Motor Group too, their plate surrounds are still on it haha. Mine is no. 9/100, according to the ID plate.

Interesting point with the optional extras though, both my one and TheAudioDude's pair have dual tipped exhausts,16" Astrons and standard air filters (which if you remove the piece of intake that runs across the top of the radiator makes marvelous induction noise...) Yours might have been a special order..?

There's another guy on the North Shore who has a later production Radisich, and there's still a few others floating around Auckland. Telstars just aren't worth anything at the moment, so the more interest there is in them, the more get saved (i reckon). 

A Mazda KL Appreciation Society does seem like a good idea too, if we can get enough interest. Mazda-powered Vivas would be most welcome! 

Also, i was going to put this in the Spotted thread, but here will do:

2016-12-01%2019.12.54_zpspubzs1hc.jpg

Series 2 on Dominion Rd the other night. Would polish up pretty nice, i think.

Adding pictures is easy btw, just follow the guide: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/34643-how-to-add-pictures-to-the-forum/

And as for the Telstar as a tow car idea, do it! There's photographic evidence in a previous post that they can tow at least their own bodyweight haha

• Like 1

I'd be keen to make meets where I can, obviously living out of town timing would be factor. Yeah I'm unsure of why it has those optional extras, have even tried to get hold of the first owner of the car as have his details in the owners manual, but no luck yet.

Whangarei/Northland must have been a popular place for these beasts!!! There are several Radisich telstars around home with varying colours. Red, Fiordland Green like my one, Blue and Yellow. All but the yellow one looks well used and uncared for. Is it weird that it annoys me when I see them in such poor condition haha. I remember my dad racing the yellow one not long after he bought it. They guy lived literally 5 mins from my folks. I agree with the value, however I've been advertising my one on TM a 96 model for interest sake. I could've sold it 5x over. Top that was offered $8k $500 above my asking price with the guy all prepared to pay and do a deal. He had owned one in the late 90s and has been trying to buy one since he sold it in 2004. I thought that wasn't bad. Could be hope yet.....?

Regards

Deano

• 7 years later...

Hi from the South, Great to know that there are other Radisich owners out there that appreciate these great cars. I had A red 94 and regretfully sold it. I have just bought another 94 from Auckland and coming up to bring it home soon. 

I think there is a Facebook Radisich Telstar application page. I'm interested in staying in touch with other owners. 

Cheers Graham