4AGE 16v Distributor/Ignition Help

brad

Hey guys,

Anybody got knowledge of this dizzy? Probably a stupid question (sorry, prepare for more). and what ignition to run/what setup had it been running?

Got the whole motor as is from Japan a while ago, relatively unknown and no info about the dizzy. 

Thanks for any help OS'ers , im lost  :-D

vJe3fWn.jpg

on1i6Gs.jpg

hNpOfYD.jpg

Pye1DP0.jpg

m7vRvc5.jpg

is this what i'm needing/missing? "Ultra M.D.I. Multiple Discharge Ignition System"

I guess the motor was running this or similar in Japan. 

Can't find one for sale though  :( ofcourse.

What's needed? Apologies for lack of knowledge on this but appreciate the help,  Cheers guys

MultipleDischargeIgnition2.jpg

T2eC16dcE9s4Pu9qBQMGu7WKg60_57_zps0da132

I have a 4A-GZE CAS and some Coil on Plugs you could use if you were interested? Not sure on how they run with a stock ECU (I don't think they do) but would be next to no hassle to get it going + as above, would like better too.

Yeah could be interested were you running them on a 16v , what else would I need to get it running? 

Would I need the AGZE CAS, looks like previous owner could have been using my existing one?

I don't have any ECU atm , programmable ECU? should probably work on getting it in the car first. (Carina) 3au

cheers !

You could probably run a Link Atom to control just ignition and go coil on plug, if you cant source a ignition kit like above. Obviously a bit more coin involved, but would ultimately allow the engine to be tuned better, and you could have ignition compensation tables for IAT's, water temp etc. Throw a few more pressure/temp sensors at it and you could data log/be warned of pressure and temps (fuel, oil etc).

Food for thought.