Syphoning Fuel EL Falcon

Lump

After 20 years of loyal service my sister managed to write off my Mum's old XR6. 

Its currently sitting outside my place waiting to be assessed where it will be written off I'm sure.

Before it gets towed off I'm trying to syphon the fuel tank (it had a full tank at the time of the accident and it seems foolish to let this disappear when there are lawn mowers, motorbike, twin tanked jaguars lying about)

I've got a jiggle syphon hose (with the brass fiiting in it) and it worked great for the first quarter of the tank but now I can't get it to work (no luck using it just a hose and trying to suck it through either) - do these tanks have a baffle or anti-syphoning device fitted or is there some other trick to getting the fuel out?

Thanks guys,

The cars getting towed away shortly but hasn't been written off yet so I'll try and avoid holing the tank or any other damage, the fuel pump looks like it can be removed to give access tot he tank but its got a very fragile looking plastic locking ring.

I'll try getting into the return line - sounds like the best bet.

Cheers