Resene 440 industrial primer 2k

dabuzz

Paint help, I bought this primer on recommendation, car is getting bare metaled and I started spraying this primer on. When it dries it doesn't have the rough finish a normal primer has instead it's super glossy.
Has anyone used it that can tell me if that is normal for this brand?

Ive used it before and yes it is good but i used it on a big old steel box section post and went over it with the recommended 2k resene top coat. best bet is to ring resene and ask them i use their products in my business and as long as you apply them as per instruction you cant go wrong, and if it does they are fairly helpfull. might pay to do test panel maybe a piece of boot floor or something to see how it goes.

Thanks, Gave them a call, they agreed its not like normal primers and essentially looks like a top coat.(weird looking), they assured me its the right stuff.

Will perservere with it and hopefully the car comes out OK

It better be, complete bare metalled shell under, over, inside etc  will be a giant f*&k up if its not

• Like 1

yes epoxy, ive been recommended it, just was completely different to anything ive seen myself so I had to ask, shiny as,

Can go straight over bare metal does not need etch, as far as I have researched you cant put epoxy over etch anyway

RX2.6_zpsfwijw19d.jpg

RX2.4_zpstalxicsk.jpg

Says Dark grey but is nearly white

RX2.5_zpsmklm6zg2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a differant epoxy.1539nv6.jpg

Havnt sprayed it on so can't comment on sheen.

Your coupe looks to be rusty same place as mine around guard. How's the front just behind front wheel at bottom of door jamb?

Looks straight for bare!

Havnt sprayed it on so can't comment on sheen.
Your coupe looks to be rusty same place as mine around guard. How's the front just behind front wheel at bottom of door jamb?
Looks straight for bare!

Yea quite straight, 3 little patches on that side and done, the other side is ruined though

One of the lower A pillar sections is rusty on the drivers side, so will need to be remade 

Also need 13b rear counterweight which I think you may be able to help with?
Gaz

Yep can help, PM me, have both old and new school, but I cant tell the difference anyway