What have i done to them this time. Dellorto dilemas

pusherman

^concur - that hole is for air in only.

use a 7mm drill bit and set it so the float just touches the needle valve without pushing the spring/ball thing in

Ive got a manometer for balancing these too. I need a favour from Chris - you are just round the corner right?

• Like 1

the fuel coming out of that point is because the bowl is overflowing so could also be the needle valve not closing/sealing for some other reason if the float height is good.

(fuel pressure not too high?)

i thought you were from the hood (hes your pusher)

moved out of the hood for good, you blame me?

I could take the long way scenic route home one evening (takapuna to muriwai) and have a tutu? 

^^^ i've had issues with the same thing, even new ones sometimes don't seal, pretty rough but fine wet and dry with the needle in the drill fixed that issue. Also I've twisted the float while setting the depth in a hurry enough to clash with the side and jam open.

^^^ i've had issues with the same thing, even new ones sometimes don't seal, pretty rough but fine wet and dry with the needle in the drill fixed that issue. Also I've twisted the float while setting the depth in a hurry enough to clash with the side and jam open.

Legit. I would lap them together like an engine valve

or next time, splash out a few bucks extra for the ?viton? tipped ones?

(i proably have a few spare old needle valves in my takle box of dellorto carb bits if that is the issue)

agree that selection of parts for odd/old carbs is pretty limited and you have to take whatever you can get, but dellorto and weber sideys are pretty well covered for bits and they are 'high performance parts'. (pretty sure ive got brass ones in mine)

Havent gotten back into garage yet. (2 businesses, 1 wife,1 baby, 2 lawns,2dogs, dozen ciders means no car time this weekend)

I got rebuild kit from weber specs so would expect them to be of a good standard.

Makes perfect sense tho. Moneys in needle valve thingy