Possible vehicle inspection in Christchurch please?

0R10N

Hello, South Islanders.

Could someone in Christchurch with a bit of retro-car nous possibly inspect a BFMR Familia for me? Prior experience with these damned lesser demons of Satan is preferred, but not strictly necessary (if you know what rust looks like, haha). Can provide notes on what to look out for.

I will have to organize a time for viewing with the seller that suits you as the vehicle is currently in storage, but I'm sure something can be worked out.

Cheers in advance!

I have nil experience with these cars. But I'm very good at spotting rust/non OG paint/repairs.
Depending on when a viewing might  be, (I has limited free time nowdays) I could perhaps cast a peeper over it for yo.

YES, REALLY, OLD MAN :P I'm doing this on behalf of someone else, so chill. Although I am still hunting for something to stash (at yours) if I ever journey down that way.

Cheers for the offers folks. Still working on details with the owner but I'd say a weekend viewing is the most likely scenario.

A critical eye over the passenger side is crucial as I have an inkling this one has been heavily T-boned in the side and repaired, which will be important information to the interested party I'm sure. So Bart, you may be the best person to inspect in this regard.

Will let you all know how it pans out!

All good bro, on behalf at least makes a little more sense. I was bamboozled because you'd just sold one of these damn things! In really good nick too IIRC. Thought you were getting all AW spec on your baby telstar addiction. BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL.

All good bro, on behalf at least makes a little more sense. I was bamboozled because you'd just sold one of these damn things! In really good nick too IIRC. Thought you were getting all AW spec on your baby telstar addiction. BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL/BUY/SELL.

Lewl, this Familia looks to be in equally good condition to how mine was, if not better (it even has the factory tookit, ZOMG). Actually would like another one, in as close to factory spec as possible, to hang on to indefinitely - but with the AW on its way from Japland the timing would be rather crummy.

Plus as you say, I have the two Lasers to keep me occupied. My only regret is choosing to modify the 4WD one instead of returning it to stock.

I thought about offering some money for this Familia to see how it goes, but the possible accident damage scares me a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I am the owner of the BFMR. To answer your questions Orion, yes the car has taken a hit to the side, however, it was repaired costing a total of $2730. And that was with me supplying what was needed. So, no expense was spared. Why would there be if I had intended to store it and keep it? If any of you happen to be prospective buyers your more than welcome to come around and view it it, I can remove panels and put it on axle stands if need be. There is nothing to hide on the car. I doubt you would have known anything was different if I didn't point it out to you. The car is free of rust and has a straight chassis. inspite of the speculation.I encourage you to come and see for yourself. I am selling it to fund 3 months of work for my helicopter pilots licence which wasn't ment to be until the start of next year so yes, there is a genuine reason for the sale! Craig.

• Like 4