RACE 2 DA SKY

danger

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't assume accommodation. It's weird how even shit-holes fill up during any major event. The return of RTTS might well be one of those events that books shit out. If you can't get anywhere close in/near Queenstown you can always try Cromwell/Bannockburn and make Pete pick you up. By force.

The race was located at the Snow Farm ski area in the Cardrona Valley, a 45 minute drive from Queenstown, New Zealand and 20 minutes from Lake Wanaka. The hillclimb was held over a 14.5-kilometre (9.0 mi) gravel course, with an average gradient of 1:11. The 135 turn course climbs from 450 meters (1500 feet) above mean sea level to 1500 meters (5000 feet).

I got a wedding to attend at the other end of the South Island this coming weekend, drat! Otherwise I would have been keen.

But I stayed at Pinewood Lodge in Queenstown last time I was there and it was cheap but cheerful, and there were a million backpackers around who kept inviting us over to drink piss with them.

We booked a self contained family unit for 6 and it was like $30 a night each.

Only a 5-10 min walk from town too.