4age into AE70

samsnz

thinking about converting my AE70 to 4age

wondering what cert stuff and/or common issues people have encountered before.

gonna be standard 16v using a rebuilt a50 so pretty much leaving everything else in the car besides engine and accessories.

Have a browse of the project car section, there will be many people that have done exactly that. Read their threads, note down what works and what doesn't, and you're half way there. Looks to be relatively easy to do compared to some engine swaps. Good luck.

Got any photos of the AE70? :D 

First piece of advice is......The gearbox is still called a K50 even tho its behind a A series engine.

Will need a new fuel feed line (8mm ish) from the tank to the engine bay, use the standard feed as the return.

Will need a "custom" clutch basically a 4age cover and a K50 splined plate.

the rest is just wiring pretty much, factory radiator etc will be fine, stick to using all FWD water pumps and pullys etc rwd shit is expensive and uncecessary.

Lots of articles cover TVIS, have a google before going one way or the other. Or get a blacktop 20V for max dorts. Depends on the budget? If I was putting a 4age in mine, i'd go blacktop for sure, great engines. Personal opinion etc.

after a decent google i think ima keep it. is there a way to know if it will function or not? i pulled it off and when depressed the diaphragm seems to hold vaccuum fine but beyond giving it a clean up i have no idea if it will work or not?