1JZ-FSE? how reliable, good, etc?

910sss

Hey All,

Looking at a mark 2 grande, 1jz-fse, Direct injection... are they any good, or have electrical issues etc?

also apparently the transmission is GPS driven.... how does this work in NZ etc?

Any help  or even little bits of info would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Fse engines as said above are simply retarded (excuse the pun).

They bog down, un-responsive, have no power, keep shitting up their egr valves causing them to go into limp mode and then gets sent to us to fix their sorry asses because they bought a p.o.s.

Or, you can feel less guilty by having a great carbon foot print, have slightly better fuel economy, finally be able to pull up those beige denum shorts up to your chest whilst playing a game of lawn bowls.

Choice is yours really, but I definitely know where I stand :)

• Like 1

Can't say I've ever observed the above on a vehicle that's been looked after.

The problem is they are a lot more prone to issues when not regularly serviced. That's not inherent to DI either, most late model engines are just as susceptible to running issues regardless of injection method. Most of our cars are used shit from Japan which are never looked after because they get replaced so often. They're basically disposable items.over there and we're their trash can. The insides of some late model engines I've seen are absolutely filthy.

EGR fucks everything, it's not only DI engines that suffer that.

• Like 1

For something thats work so well in diesel engines , it sure sounds crap for petrol vehicles.

I wonder how muchthey have been played with . and if you can retard the injection of fuel to the max so it wont ping allowing to run much more boost.
could also do the same with diesel were its a staggered injection process, pilot , then a couple larger injections to give smoother injection.

This of course could already have been done and still be shit but.

thanks for replies, i will steer away from going there, im sick of electrical issues etc. the gps gearbox is a real thing, apparently coupled with the cars navigation system in Japan it alters the gear change characteristics based on local area terrain... only works in the vehicles fitted with the nav systems.

Cheers

I stand corrected

This generation of Mark II also host a new feature call Navi AI-shift, which uses GPS signals and shifts the automatic transmission into the appropriate gear.

Sounds dumb though. Pretty very sure it'll still operate fine with no GPS though.

I stand corrected

Sounds dumb though. Pretty very sure it'll still operate fine with no GPS though.

The new Volvos have this now  takes data from all trucks on the road and over time optimises the gear shifts on that section of road . i reckon its good because one of the complaints drivers had is the truck cant "see" whats coming up , e.g the crest of a hill or steep hill and cant act accordingly , this should help this issue , also saves fuel 

Automated gearboxes are the tits for normal use tbh . have never had to rebuild an ishift because of destruction caused by driver error . in fact they only have failures due to no oil or actual faulty parts. rate them hard.
if i was back home and had some space id be super keen on having a play with one of those direct injection engines.