TheAudioDude

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, it's almost finished. Could do with making up some new wooden panels for the sides, I like the idea of a red ish wood but would have to do it in veneer over ply because of the shape and wanting grain on top, side and front.also need to paint the top but don't know what with yet

Kenwood-9340

40watt RMS on Four channels

has discrete decoding for quadradiscs and RM or SQ processing for awesome effect. It's so much better than home theater and could be cheaper

Depends on the deck you had to record with really, if you had a machine that could handle type II tapes then they came into their own, especially with high frequency response, I always liked type IV or metal tapes, chrome tape always sounded a bit brittle or glassy to me, metal tapes sounded a bit more natural and better bass response. That said, I loved chrome tapes until I found metal tapes. Just my humble option though...

I'm setting up a bit of an analog system, at present 3 of the 4 Reel to Reels are hooked up but what I want to do is get the 2 otari's up to studio spec/alignment as a mate has a bunch of studio masters that the takes are starting to break down, so we want to make copies of them before they're lost.

I'm also adding in normal cassette dubbing and 8 track copying/recording to make use of the old 8 track car players that are sitting around, off of this of course can be dubbed into a digital format or vise versa.

On the far right there's a turntable as well.

With a bit of luck I may have a new Reel to Reel that will replace one of the Revox decks

Icona.png

• 2 months later...

Haven't had much time lately to do up things because I work 6 days a week, just been enjoying listening to my set up. But this is what I have managed to do.

First is a pair of JVC SK-50's I got dirt cheap off TM. Like all good old speakers the rubber had deteriorated but this is easy to fix.

Before

21zttw1i.ab5.jpg
After
q50ojdib.bzw.jpg
0njx4o0h.41w.jpg
I have also got two mono valve amp chassis that I am going to rebuild for HiFi use, I was thinking twin KT-88 on the output
hqdai3nh.yes.jpg
qnjtrhhb.bo2.jpg

• Like 2