Pinion seal question

Sambo

I went to replace the pinion seal on my AE85 yesterday and ran into something I wasn't expecting.

There's a lot of play in the input to the diff, and every wiggle summons fresh drips of oil. I didn't think the pinion seal would cause play like that, it's several mm side to side. I had the LSD set up and installed into a new (second hand) nugget. Is there something else that's worn out? Or should I carry on and do the seal?

Cheers.

It's hard to say whether the diff is abnormally noisy, I've never driven another car with a 2way lsd. It is hella noisy though. Any way to quantify the noise?

I'm not sure what was pulled apart for the install, I know that it's got new bearings and crush tubes.

Thanks for the help so far! If it makes any difference, it's a t series and TRD diff, installed by Brendan Duncker.

If its had new crush tube and bearings. the whole lot would have been apart.   brendan is pretty onto it though, seem a bit weird that would be setup  wrong.

shouldn't be noisy at all.  was it like that right from the start?    my trd diffs there is no more noise than stock open.