My fellow MS users- Help!!!

yoeddynz

Yeah that'll be why you wont be able to sent the firmware as its not going into boot mode. ignore the files on there if you have the firmware file avaible that you want to use. but yeah power it off jumper on power on connect cable run bootloader programe let it do its thing then you should be away.

Cool! worked fine! Was easy and loaded up first time. I have now discovered however that my TS needs updating from version 2.5 to 2.6. Luckily Phil Tobin, the fella who created TS has spotted this from my posts on MSextra forum. Downloading new version now....

Ive been doing it manually- well except the tables. I have imported them but all the other info I have gone through.

When we first started the 2.5 last year it wouldnt stay running so we just kept increasing the required fuel value till it ran. The calculated value for this setup is 12.7 and I ended up running it at20. I don't know if this makes any real difference except for a table that has smaller numbers? Or would it affect other things?

Anyway- this time round I will start with 12.7 tune it on the table by increasing the numbers there instead of just bumping up the required fuel.

Also going to try and cure the really noisy pwm idle control valve. I have had the frequency set low and it makes a very loud buzz. Louder than the engine. So I will try upping the frequency and quieten it down. Again more adjusting. It has no coolant fed warm up valve. Just this pwm valve.

Required fuel is critical to achieve a smooth map with out big jumps between values or too smaller jumps meaning you run out of numbers to put into cells basically think resolution of the map. Using the wizard you should be able to get a good enough starting point and 9 times out of 10 its good. To get idle ok when warm adjust the ve map when cold adjust the warmup curve etc also dont adjust for cranking if it wont start theres another graph for cranking pw required etc do it this way or youll end up chasing your tail

Cheers man. Its never had a problem starting on the default prime pulse and cranking curve. Probably because as engines go its pretty standard really :-)

So it started first go on new setup and as I guessed it was very lean. This time however I just adjusted the warmup enrichment (I've learned a lot from the first time we started on MS over a year ago)

I used auto tune to sort out the just above idle areas and then set it so it cant change anything below 800 rpm. I'll take it for a good drive tomorrow and auto tune it then I can fine tune it. So far so good though. Main thing is - I have not buggered the ECU!!! :-)

Cheers for all your help and advice. Ive still much to learn...

• Like 4

Good man ive yet to corrupt one that bad it stops talking lol but have lost alot of settings while megatune was still active with megatune main thing was to make sure you put in the ini files into the correct folder for your firmware whistle upgrading megatune lol or your connect in and get all sorts of weird happening lol

Glad you got it sorted out plus you probably learnt a few exta things doing so (the painfull way I know) you could have banged the old tune file straight in it would have said signiture miss match or something like that then spat out the settings that either didnt take or dont exsist on the new / old firmware