Crown front suspension modification technical help please

Mattt

Once I've done some more measurements I can decide if I'll be making new arms or modify the factory ones. I'd love to just buy a 4K mustang front end and weld it on but I don't have the money for that and I wouldn't learn anything from it. I kinda like the idea of finding something at a wreckers that may work and making it fit. It might not be the perfect way and it may not be unique but if I can do it then it will be a great learning curve. Thanks for the help I feel a bit more comfortable in moving forward with it now.

Whoa! hold on there, Yes L300 and Holden front ends are used in old 50's and earlier hotrods but they are just as shit as the crown front end. Any junk yard wishbone front will leave you exactly where you are now with the crown front end. Theres 3 options IMO: custom arms and chopping the chassis, aftermarket front like a mustang 2 (not the full chassis clip), or just chuck springs in it and be happy.

• Like 1

i'm going to go with the custom arms and chassis chop. that way i'll get the experience of building my own arms, fucking it up, rebuilding my front arms, probably fucking it up again and finally getting it bang on ;)

• Like 2

i'm going to go with the custom arms and chassis chop. that way i'll get the experience of building my own arms, fucking it up, rebuilding my front arms, probably fucking it up again and finally buying an aftermarket kit, or a replacement crown chassis ;)

Fixed it for ya. You will probably need to get TAC approval for custom suspension arms (check the HCTM carefully before starting).