Jetting all over ya weber

punkoutnz

So I'm a bit stuck here, I have a 32dgv weber on my 1300 kent, higher revs are great, but down low, she's a shocker and I can't seem to get it to run right.

Mixture screw can't be turned out more than 1/4 turn before it starts to run rough and then stall out.

Jets are:

F50 emulsion tubes

Air: 160/120

Fuel: 120/115

Venutri 3.5/4.5

Those are all main/secondary order.

I thought those were the jets for the stock 1300gt so I'm not sure why it's not running right.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've given the carb a good clean out and nothing has changed.

Nah haven't checked the plugs, I might borrow a mate's wideband to see where the mixtures are at exactly. I guess the jets could have been drilled at some point. The choke butterflies have been removed so can't use that as a reference unfortunately. And yeah that filter might help a little, fingers crossed anyway!

i have a box of weber bits incl jets you are welcome to swapsies with. (on a busy nightclub one in one out basis :) )

bring to BF tomorrow? we can play carbs.

those jettings dont seem to out there.

could be the mixture screw is busted, or its seat worn

or maybe idle jets too big,

or ???

i have same issue on my downie and it runs best wound right in and adjust using the throttle stop. seems bung but it goes fine (mostly)

The thing I'm thinking at the moment is that the jets may possibly have been drilled out. I didn't check the size of the idle jet but it idles beautifully. The issue starts to come about at light throttle. Once I open the taps right up (and the second throttle opens) it's fine. I thought monthly meet was next week? I'm going to grab another carb I had back off chris cos that has a slightly bigger main jet than what I have in there at 125, though I'm pretty sure it hasn't been touched, so if the problem is worse I know it's too rich, if it's better then I can work my way up some jet sizes.

So I'll try that jet and let you know, could be keen to play swapsies if that's okay, cheers for the offer!

borrow/buy a wideband so you can actually tell whats up. Tuning without it is a waste of time IMHO. Especially since it's $95 (US + shipping) for a wideband, so would be a good tool to have. Maybe but $20 each together with some mates and buy one is it's still too spendy. It will probably save you that in fuel in a short enough time

http://www.14point7.com/products/slc-free

there is 3 options with sensor. It's actually $85 if you just want a shitty bar graph rather than actual AFR/Lambda values, which is 95

though i just noticed it doesnt have a cable sorry

or 115 for the evaluation kit and just put a multimeter on the 0-5v linear signal to figure out whats what if you wanna do it on the cheap

http://www.14point7.com/products/sigma-lambda-controller-oem-eval-kit

or 160 if you want a gauge too

http://www.14point7.com/products/slc-gauge

LOL Ned, hod rodders have been tuning my arse/plug chops for years. Sure wide bands are nice, but they certainly aren't mandatory to make a car run.

im sure they have, but knowing what AFR your car is running at is hard to tell with your ass dyno and for $100 you can just know, and you can see what changes things make and makes life easy. 21st century is about making life easy, not trying to do shit an old antiquated, less superior way just because we can dave :P

or else you're never allowed to mention LS motor swaps ever again, because hot rodders have been making cars fast without them for years before the LS motor came out ;)

The idle jet is what is the problem. It does much more than just control the fuel at idle. This is reasonably relevant, but just imagine that the green is halved between the main jet and the idle/pilot jet; because you don't have a needle.

159689d1226015416-jetting-101-carb_circu

im sure they have, but knowing what AFR your car is running at is hard to tell with your ass dyno and for $100 you can just know, and you can see what changes things make and makes life easy. 21st century is about making life easy, not trying to do shit an old antiquated, less superior way just because we can dave :P

or else you're never allowed to mention LS motor swaps ever again, because hot rodders have been making cars fast without them for years before the LS motor came out ;)

Dude, it is a stock carb on a stock configuration, it doesn't need a wide band to figure it out. Fluffy, just didn't know there was an extra jet that actually mattered. Also I don't think a wide band would actually make this easy, I bet I could get this running spot on in the time it would take you to weld the bung into the exhaust.

• Like 1