NDT testing who to use (auck)

ta63-1uzze

hey guys, I am in east Auckland, I am looking to get some struts tested so they are all done and ready when I eventually get certification .

so who is close, what sort of price am I looking at to get 2 front struts tested. (bc coil overs)

and on a final question, do I heed to have "xyz" amount of plug welds, at any specific size ? I haven't been able to find out any particulars regarding this question in the hobby car manual but I have seen that most people add a couple.

I just want to get it right so I don't have to do it twice because I missed out one weld or anything silly like that .

thanks

PM Driftnmaz, he gets things tested quite a lot, will be able to give you a price im sure.

have pmd him, but me being an impatient bastard and havent heard back so i posted up this question,

Heat Treatments Ltd in Mt Roskill do it. (http://www.heat-treat.co.nz/)

Not sure on price though. Ask for Adam if you make a call.

Otherwise try Lynn Rogers Automotive in Howick. 

awesome i will call them tomorrow see if they can sort it out for me. 

also is there any specific paper work that is tied into this, i know the government loves paper work so i am assuming i there a form that co insides with this process ?? 

any other places that people have delt with that are good?? 

Oh ok, i think hes been quite busy so may not have been here for a while.

Im pretty sure you get the paper work with all the tests you do.

hey you sound like you know him, can i pm you with my phone number perhaps you could pass it along, would rather help out a oldschool member with a cash job then some companies i don't really know . 

also, this is how i recommend they are done, have never had an issue

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/37800-welded-strut-how-to/

oh dam i didn't see this before,. thanks cletus that is great nice and simple . cant fuck that up : ) 

thanks to everyone, now i can go blaze a weld . yay, : ) its been a long time since the carina has been on the floor (pun) hahaha 

• Like 1