CV axle horseplay

mikey

So I bought a Nismo LSD with some shortened axles from an S15. After doing some measurements I think I can make an adapter to go from the four bolt companion flange on my hubs to the 3x2 bolt CV bolt pattern and if I make it around 25mm think it'll put the CV's in the middle of their range.

This is a shot of the axles I have

IMAG0123.jpg

Am thinking I can make some adapters like this

Rear_Hub_Install_3.jpg

Have you any thoughts or feelings on this tomfoolery?! 

You should be able to use the outer companion flanges from either an, 910, HR30,  or from an S12, DR30, or perhaps a C32?

The former have smaller splines than the latter.

No doubt the peeps at Z club will know what fits.

I've got all the bits to do the same thing to my 510, but I don't know if 240's use the same spline on the stub axles as the 510's.

Oh, good call. Sounds like 280zx companion flanges will definitely work, they fit the 25 spline stub axles on the early 240 but have the 3x2 CV bolt pattern. Otherwise surely one of those other options will work. 

Sweet!

man i have adaptors on all four output flanges on my car, they are sweet, origionally the front two were just plates with holes and used long(not very) bolts as the pcd was same but they kept loosening so changed to two staggered sets as above and they seem fine in the minimal amount of use theyve had, also they are aluminium

Only late ZXs had CVs and they are few and far between.

Bummer. I'll try and research other companion flanges with 25spline and 3x2 CV's.

man i have adaptors on all four output flanges on my car, they are sweet, origionally the front two were just plates with holes and used long(not very) bolts as the pcd was same but they kept loosening so changed to two staggered sets as above and they seem fine in the minimal amount of use theyve had, also they are aluminium

Cool, good to know. If companion flanges are impossible to find then this might be the go.

The above adapters wouldn't be hard to make for any turner with a few skills.

I actually had some "replica" R30 flanges made. The 4x1 CV flanges were machined off. And a nice spigoted shoulder was tuned onto the hub. Then a replica of the 3x2 outer flange was turned up from steel, and the two were fitted together on the spigot, and fizzed together hard.