Di0n's Thrifted Thriftmaster

di0n

If I change to a more modern chassis it becomes a 2014 LVVTA Chevrolet Replica, so I have to retain 60% of the original style of chassis. My reasons for looking at jag is they are a complete bolt in unit with power steer, R&P, and 4 pot calipers with vented disks. Plus the jag and chev are very similar weights.

designing your own front end would be quite a challenge to get legal, you would have to know what you are doing.

using a complete front end out of something else is a cheaper better option in most cases especially when its mostly hidden.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so I've slowly been acquiring parts for this which include a complete XJS Front end and a NOS front guard.

I've been speaking to a few different people recently about building a new chassis. Building it to the exact same specs but out of box section. It saves me having to repair my rusty original before boxing it in, and I'd basically just be swapping out the rails. Going to call the certified tomorrow to see if we can get away with it.

• 1 year later...