Hellp with diff identification 1987 GX71 Toyota Cresta

NelsonEX

Hi there,
I own a gx71 toyota cresta (Super Lucent, Exceed 24V DOHC)  witch come factory automatic and has been later converted to manual using a w55 gearbox.
My question is what diff will this be running? It revs out at around 3750 at 100km/h so im guessing it still has the automatic diff in it.
I cant find any information on the diff itself only a very faint stamp on the bottom of it that seems to resemble a 'T' but it has IRS and as far as I know T series diffs only come setup for a solid rear end?
Im looking to swap this old diff out for something LSD so any suggestion of what might fit would also be good. 
Cheers Scott

Will most likely be F series 7.5" IRS. 
Factory turbo cresta's have the bigger 8" diff's
The poverty spec x chassis sometimes came with Dumb T series IRS.

Basicly look for one of these in the engine bay:
picture046vm0.jpg

And where it says axle thats where it will say "T or F"

Edit: Also, Dont fuck the car. dont roll the rear guards with pipe or be a general knobcheese with it.. its a very rare car in nz..

• Like 1

Ill try sort some shims to go with it, I dont really feel like forking out $800 for a trd one :/

Im pretty sure you cant shim a torsen. Torsens are great if your just planing on doing grip work. If you plan on drifting it for more than 3secs, they like to start single spinning