Muffler Tech

Truenotch

4 hours ago, HumberSS said:

Would you recommend one or two different reso's per bank (and are the M&H ok)? And what about pipe size? My collector is 63mm, should I step down to 2" or 2.25" through the resos and stick with that all the way, or go up to 2.5" through the muffler? Remembering this thing is likely around 125hp per bank at a guess.. And do I need a balance pipe before muffler or would that be sufficient for the balancing aspect (will be above diff). Im open to sticking with a twin system right the way through but am trying to keep it packaged pretty tightly hence the 2 into 1. I also dont have heaps of room for a tail pipe so might side exit behind the wheel. Thanks man

I've used a couple of m&h resonators and was quite disappointed with them tbh. Didn't take any of the rasp out of the exhaust note (honda) 

I've used one of these Xlerator Enforcer Glass pack along with a turbo flow from the same company on my wagon and am really happy with it's note 

• Like 2

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent done any v8 stuff. but on  4 cylinder 1.6L  making around 175hp at engine.  this is close to ideal setup ,   after the collector its 2"  then tapers up after the vband to  3" into a   glass pack.   after that you can get away with more sins.  

20220212_162814.thumb.jpg.fe2c0dfa9233a4b1446a17e34ff564da.jpg

So yeah if you want to get fancy with it, carry on tapering down your collector to 2",  run 2" for for a  bit,  then chuck in a 2" - 2.5"  exducer cone  with  2.5 inch reso's directly after that, bigger they are the better.  some of the small ones dont really do much.    think of the reso as the exhaust ending.      after that do what you like really. merge into a single 2.5 or 3" and add mufflers till its quiet enough. 

you might grab a little bit of power off the bottom and in the middle doing it that way.     otherwise your original plan will probably work fine

• Like 4