Sizing an oil cooler

Muncie

Have been getting the trumpy up to spec for some track day fun. so i invested some coin in a spin on oilfilter adapter to help with oil surge i noticed that for an extra fee it can be ordered ready to plumb up an oil cooler so thats what i ordered. is it a case of go big? or is there some formula to sizing them so as not to over cool the oil. got my eyes on a t3/t4 to sling under the inlet manifold in near future too so the cooler will be doing some actual work not just for looks.

Pretty much all the oil coolers I have seen on road cars are about the same size. I estimate they are about 300mm long by 100mm high. Whether they are V8 or small 4 doesn't seen to alter this standard size.

So I doubt they would be over efficient and over cool the oil. But you can get oil thermostats to put in line if you wanted.

There may well be a science but my observations say it's all much of a muchness.

Most rotary ones (you know on TradeMe) have a thermostat (bypass pellet) built in. That's what I'd go for; you can hang it under your radiator.

Thats good to know might look into that a bit further. Could i re purpose my transcooler once i slip the new manual box in?