Staked Universal Joints.

Ogre

Not in relation to your post Ben, but in general, wouldn't taking be a bad idea on these parts? Under a lot of pressure, spinning at a few knots etc. IF going for a cert, would it be the same as the welding strut rule or is the metal a different sort?

I found a company which produces staked in replacements which have clips on the inner of the cup rather than the outer.

Sizes and listings are on here, the ones in my cressida are 430-10 which is verified on a couple of other toyota forums.

http://rockforddriveline.com/Staked-In_U-Joints.pdf

Now to find someone willing to sell and ship one to me. Only 25 bucks or so for the joint itself.

Also I went to repco and went through the GMB catalogue to find a replacement to tack in but they don't make with the correct dimensions.

There maybe other suppliers but if I can get one with clips from the states for a reasonable sum then that's what I'll do.

• Like 1

Righto, posting to help people in the future! Spicer seem to do staked replacements now too, I found the above part number by using the DANA expert part finder (link died while writing this, just google it)

Found a legit site that sells them for a good price and ships internationally.

http://www.ccidriveline.com/

It's quoting me $39.95 to send & $21.97 (USD) for both which is about $75nzd at time of posting. I checked MYUS.com and it's quoting a bit less for shipping but for a little bit extra I can deal direct.

It looks like quite a few Jappa's use this type of universal so hopefully this is helpful in the future.

I'm gonna have a quick ring around to see if there's anything available locally tomorrow, if not I'll put in my order. The price of shipping only goes up by $5USD to add another UJ so if anyone is keen to split shipping PM me.