Honda CM200T... gonna be something

Duke Blackwood

Gentleman, this is how much motorcycle two dozen Heinekin's can buy...

DSCF6806_zps45d5d734.jpg

The CM 'Twinstar' has a single carb and is the ancestor of the Honda Rebel line. It was available in a 450 big block model as well. It sold alongside the Honda CD which was a much cooler looking more vintage styled bike.

It's not running at this stage, it has weak spark, not enough to fire. I think it is a CDI issue but a new one is $200!

I'll put more effort into it once I've finished the GB400 but I am planning to do some cosmetic work.

I'm going to have a crack at modifying the tank tomorrow 'cos it's fuck ugly. My plan is to cut off the sides and reverse them, but only along the back half of the tank making knee indents. I'm not sure if this will look cool or not but the tank is full of shit, a decade of rotten fuel and some Fertan that I put in there.

DSCF6807_zps66dfd904.jpg

Potential...

DSCF6808_zps77f0ecd2.jpg

Anyway, i'm after styling ideas. I think i'll do a seat like Chris's Honda CB350 and just cut the mufflers off and call it a day. Maybe flat bars and a vintage paint job too. Parallel twins rule!

1980-cm-200-twinstar-21460734.jpg

• Like 1

You guys should hear our poor dad.

"Get these piece of shit old bikes out of my shed!" 

This hasn't been worked on yet cos dad banned him from working on it until he had got his GB going and "Out of my fucking shed!" haha

• Like 1

Captain Kirk, I'm very interested in a man rebulding CDI's in Whenuapie, if you have any contact details for this dude i'd love to get hold of him.

The GB has been released from the Blackwood stable and is now terrorising the small town of Tumbleweed (Home of Duke Blackwood) and the CM is still banned from Dad's shed because it stinks of rotten fuel and is an explosion risk, so I have to work on it outside haha.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...