anyone know this dr30?

Mitch.W

Yeah it was offered to me for a pretty sharp price, but because I already have two DR30s a third one would have been a bit excessive. I also didn't have anywhere to store it at the time.

From what I remember my mate (whose father discovered the car) bought it for $1200 and subsequently sold it. I'm not sure what happened to it from there, but it's clearly changed hands a few times judging from the various emails I've received through my blog.

looks a bit rough in a few places (can see rust along the bonnet front edge, missing badge of the back etc), mind you never seen it in person so cant comment.

Personally Id roll your lx over this err day, but Im weird so who knows.

yeah the dr has alot more potential than the lx70 though. i have some real nice wheels that wont fit the lx but will fit the dr...and fj could be fun with a turbo bolted on :P haha. the lx also has little bits of rust peeping around the place. are dr30's very hard to come by? cant say i see much of them around.

I guess another question would be, how much do you value your LX70 against the DR30? Neither the price nor the car have budged for a few months now, so be sure to factor that into your thinking. Sources tell me it changed hands the last few times for around the $3000 mark.

Yes they are getting super scarce, and yes they are going up in value, but pre-facelift non-turbo DR30 sedans with the poverty pack interior are probably the least sought after submodel out there. But on the other hand any well-kept/restored DR30 is worth silly money in Japan, so it all depends on what you intend to do with it.

also, you can pretty much forget about finding DR30-specific stuff here in NZ but 99.9% of parts can be sourced ex-Japan or Australia.

If you're serious about swapping, drop me a PM. I'm trying to remember what quirks I found with the car when my mate had it and what you should look out for when viewing.

To this day I still kick myself for not forking out the $900 and finding somewhere to hide it, but ultimately I had to be realistic.