bubbles pikey BWM E30 hack

Guest bubblegoose

Guest bubblegoose

so a few months ago after i carefully placed influential hints over the past few years cheerios brought an e30 325i, then shortly after this 320i auto shitbox popped up and peer pressure/my boner made me buy it (picture taken after i attacked the dents)

didn't mant my mum to get welded so as soon as i got the car out cam the diff and in went the mig

4vfkfd.jpg

moments after hitting the buy now i traced down an M50b25 and manual box, coupled that with a manual pedal box kindly donated by the wonderful DPNS and a porsche 944 brake booster donated from the family guy

a shooooooooort overnight trip to the westcoast saw this happen not long after getting a WOF (i do not encourage this kind of behaviour)

295586_10151556065609766_1678209417_n.jpg

threw in a set of braided brake lines, new wheel bearings, bilstein shocks and whiteline bushes then striped it out and slipped it into the spray booth for a quick coat of racecar white

527593_10151587098319766_2079688436_n.jpg

(also tidied up the engine bay)

with the help of chris from M&T i turned my pockets out and ordered a set of 15x8 and 15x9 reeums, chopped the front springs and had my sponsor at mace engineering adjust the fitment of the rear springs with a big gas axe

finished putting the car together (kinda) about 9 hours after i was supposed to depart for nats

537061_4024345385966_1861773257_n.jpg

made it there and back with only minor issues

544671_169912786500331_703933322_n.jpg

• Like 1

Guest bubblegoose

Shit, good work! Didn't realise this got a respray as well. Awesome.

was quite upset i didnt have time to respray my new wheels to suit

Guest bubblegoose

just been out on the road with my torch fitting the new clutch master and seeing how much work is involved in correcting the roll center up front.

WHY MUCH YOU USE BALL JOINTS BMW! to translate ill need to cut n shut the crossmember

GRRRRR!

Guest d.p.n.s

hay dont forget bro my other shell still has all the front suspention and hit in it if you want to try/mock anything up without fucking with your running car.

Guest bubblegoose

hmm, wouldn't be a bad idea to steal your sub-frame, hack it then replace it with mine once im done.

ill have another look on the hoist later in the week and see how difficult this shits gona be

• 2 weeks later...

put it on the hoist to do a total damage assessment since purchace 

drive shaft rubbing due to pooped diff mount

left outer cv clicking like a boss

gearbox rear main bearing shot

shift linkage bent (cheerios spec)

engine mount torn

5th gear syncro vanished from dodgy shift plate

thermostat gone on holiday

and im sure ive forgotten something

might just order me an mtechII kit to make myself feel better

• Like 1