Seedy Al's vintage Raleigh Sport Fixie Project

Seedy Al

So, I picked this up from the scrap man a while ago, after someone told me they saw two old bikes on the back of a scrap truck, I tracked them down, and price was to good to let go.

I ended up with this raleigh Sprt and a 28 inch wheels herclues

after having a look over this Raleigh, I noticved the rear sprocket was pretty interesting. had three gears on the free wheeling side, and a fixed gear on the other side.

So it was decided there and then, to turn my self into a complete faggot hipster cunt, and build a vintage fixie

Next step was to get the parts I felt I wanted, mainly cream tyres, after much searching and phone calls, it was decided the bast place was going to be from a company in the UJK, as they also had the Schwable fat fanks I wanted for my james velo build

Anyway, also bought a set of burbon grips and a set of new pedals while I was at it, Wasnt keen on any clip fag shit pedals, so just Genuin Raliegh brand rubber pedals will do.

Anyway, with art deco coming up, it was time to get this thing sorted, so out came the crc, Lemon Juice and Tin foil to get the chrome gleaming, ish....

Alot of it is pretty fucked, and time as run out, so only the handle bars and wheels have been done, and the wheels have only been lemon juicerd and not polished yet.

but it will do for the weekend.

Anyway, pics of it now

AS I got it, loaded with extras, including a very super sweet Dyno light setup. for some Reason it has a shifter mounted to the frame like it might have once had a stermy archer hub or something.

IMG_0185_zpse49a965a.jpg

Anyway, stripped it down, less is more etc

All i need is a brookes seat. i ahppened to spy one the other day in the garage that lee must own, might pinch it for now till i can find my own.

IMG_0187_zps8fd71267.jpg

Pretty happy with it so far, howe3ver I put the tyres on the back backwards, so need to fix that, and I pinched the tube on the front. Cunting things

Still need to chnge pedals also, but I dont have a tool skinny enough to get them off, s to the bike store I may go tomorrow (in fact i will, asi need a puncher kit anyway, and maybe shorten the chain.)

Anyway, Peace.

Now i just need a faggy Moustache Like Rookie's and I will be set

Sweet bike, compulsary moustache material right there.

+ 1 for velo ideale, I buy most everything from Dave.

ladaspeed protip; you can remove the reflective strips from the tyres with a bit of time and patience, there is a little overlap in the fabric where they mould it in, just pick away at that, tis a cunt of a job but totes worth it as safety is an anathema to a bike like this.

at the time, he was out of stock, In fact, the supplier was out of stock from Schawble them selves

Plus they didnt do fat franks.

Otherwise yes, would have used them for sure :)

Yeah I usually sand off the writing on all my tyres, just dont have the time right now, but yes, reflective will be gone burgers

you be needing big mutton-chop homo-grips to go with it too.

sweet ride, I totally rebuilt a raleigh sports with my Dad when I was 12, learned a heap from him. I still remember dropping it in the skip at the transfer station ten years later, had no space to store it and nobody had clicked on back then how uber cool these are.