Aaron's '95 Civic (Shuttle) Build.

Aaron

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried taking the springs off this morning using flyingbrick's method:

undo both front top shock nuts.. then jack front of car up slowly. spring will decompress and shock will drop down and wheels will stay on ground.

But I fucked it up as usual.

What I did was install the strut completely then let the car down onto the wheel.

After that I undid the top shock nut then jacked the car up.

Now obviously the shock didn't move because the bottom fork hadn't been unbolted.

Without thinking I unbolted it then the strut pinged down and is now stuck :(

However! Good news prevails. Seeing as I learn from my mistakes, when I get home tonight I will fix it up and try again.

So what I will do is re-assemble the strut, remove the fork completely, THEN unbolt the shock nut so it pings down onto where the fork WAS stuck.

G'day.

Well by the looks of it, the spring was compressed heaps, so when I jacked the car up (as high as the jack could go) , the spring and top hat was still intact.

So I had to take the fork out so there was enough clearance for me to get the spring out, but when I took the bolt that holds the fork in place, the strut pinged down but there still wasn't enough clearance for the spring to come out.

Hence it been stuck.

LOL! I did, I picked them up this morning and they don't fit over the coils :(

This style

232980919.jpg

is shit compared to this style

227215106.jpg

I have found.

I now have a set that is a single hook on the top and bottom and they seem even better for fitting between coils