Aaron's '95 Civic (Shuttle) Build.

Aaron

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of lowering springs do I chuck in this this?

Ones from a '95 Civic?

ones from a ef/eg/ek hatch/sedan are all fine but the catch is you need to run ef/eg/ek hatch/sedan shocks with them, shuttle shocks will not fit lowering springs(springs are longer, perches are lower), each one is slightly different in heights etc but better for you to look yourself as there's so much different shit around(they're all direct bolt in, just make sure to get eye type rear shocks and not fork type) also teggy stuff fits but they're much heavier and are likely to lift it

fronts will bolt in and should be sweet from the get go(tho superlows will most likely be below 100mm). rears are tricky, they sit to high(create a bit of rake) and aren't rated for the weight of shuttle(on bumpstops with passengers), i've cut mine and my shocks are fucked and they've only just come down to level with the front(will probably end up on adjusties).

best thing is to experiment, its a honda shits cheap. wingit from nzhondas(db8typer on here) put lowering springs and shocks with adjustable perches in his and it barely lowered it.

also ef shuttles seem to have continued production longer than ef hatchs and sedans, a 95 sedan/hatch will be an eg, beaver's got it

edit: as a note: mine runs super low kings from an eg on shortened eg shocks, fronts under 90mm rears under 95mm

Check the main fuel pump relay, probably has dry solder joints. Very common issue with older hondas.

Just need to re solder the contacts. Will be a brown relay under the dash by where your right knee would be when sitting in the drivers seat.

Also you will not need to add camber, if you slam it then it will have plenty. My old one was slightly lower than Chees-'s one and had around -4degrees on the rear before I adjusted it back out.

Also you will not need to add camber, if you slam it then it will have plenty. My old one was slightly lower than Chees-'s one and had around -4degrees on the rear before I adjusted it back out.

yep i've got about -3 on the rear when slammed

also prepare yourself for police, they're gonna love you all stickerbombed up and slammed.

edit: hoping this is now gonna be a race between us for max slam

Awesome, cheers mate!

Such life saver's you OS boes!

Have a search on CivicWagon.com for info. Will probably have pictures and such if you get stuck.

Even a google search should find it as it is quite common. Another symptom will be that it wont start when warm, just cranks and cranks. Is because the fuel pump hasnt been switched on.

I got my Shuttle 4years ago, was an awesome car and learnt heaps from it. Sold it earlier this year and its up in Auckland now. Blue one on Work Meisters

Yeah I must say I'm slightly confused with the whole stickerbomb>gzeroes controversy, maybe Titans are more your thang?

Haha but nah seriously, don't expect to daily it slammed and fly pass police I know someone who has had theirs stickered after like a week and it was on standard white steels but he didn't know his stuff and told the police he had adjustables so he really brought it on himself, and there's also a blue one that lives near me that used to be slammed, it also got stickered and now it's been standard for a while too hahaha.

Put it on some cheap poospecs from japan, lowering wise I've seen the popular use of extended tophats instead of short shocks, which is quite a inexepensive way of keeping it captive.

Alrighty, so the car isn't too bad on the exterior, a few bumps and scratches the usual.

Engine seems to be running good. Carb cover has bog on it, wtf?

But the interior, HOLY SHIT! It's like someone took a massive shit and smeared it everywhere.

Bad photo soz:

IMG_0082.jpg

And also someone jizzed on the back passenger door card.

IMG_0084.jpg

So basically going to rip all the interior out and cleanse the inside.

Get some vinyl spray paint and bring all the interior plastics back to life.

Holy shit.