Sam's Landy

nzstato

choice. by check straps I meant the fabric straps on the rear frame that stop diff over extending the shocks :)

pretty interested in seeing what the canvas topped 'rovers are like. Never been in one lol. might do some tyre kicking when one comes up on the tard locally.

Oh yea, those are still there.  Showing their age though. 

Canvas is alright unless you are doing 70k+, then the wind tends to buffet the sides and gets a bit noisey.  If I was to build up one I would opt for a full length cab.

Been driving this around doing jobs today.  Man I am happy I swapped these ratios over, it has made it so much more driveable. 

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a canvas top one for a while... Used it when I was living in waiouru and snowboarding for a season... It was cold... Also it didn't run well with a tank of diesel through it... 12 hours back to Auckland lol... Survived though! Um... Yeah... Pine

Tightened the steering box and took it for a wheel alignment this morning, steers really well know (though you still get a workout).  Driving around with the top off in the middle of Dunedin winter like a bawes

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

so jelly. still need one of these. need to cull fleet and sort other cars post haste!

have you had a mess around on wams?

http://wams.org.nz/wams_desktop/index.aspx

pretty cool. I haven't quite got my head around it but, shit.

also, are you on offroadexpress? have a trawl around the trip reports section and pretty much look at any topics posted by dieselboy. soooo envious of how badass that joker is with all his paperoad trips.

Yup I've had a we play on wams, alot of the well marked stuff is on council land which is locked off until the weekends.

I've had a quick look around offroadexpress but arent a member on the forum. 

This ride is by no means plush so it's going to take a fair bit of changing around before I try a long trip - would like to do the macetown run some time.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So much want, and very well priced, can't believe the ludicrous $$ some people are asking for old landys now

Chur, I think it is a sensible price but I am sure some smart bugger will try and knock me down.  Will be firm at that $$$ as have had a bit of interest already.