1UZ powered Pajero

NVMPAJ

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do , that won't be to far off either!

By the way have you wired your tachometer using the wire on the igniter mine goes full scale , with just the ignition on so not sure if I've done it right or maybe its the cheap repco Autogauge I got

image_zpse5e6b7c8.jpg

The kickdown cable could be a bit longer , and the throttle cable needs a more permanent install , will do for now though . Am very close to driving the old girl , have a difficult bell housing bolt to tighten up , and a slight adjustment on the engine mounts. Off course there's the exhaust and drive shaft loop , but I just want to drive the thing !!!

Wired in my fan controller , set it to 80 degrees for now . Found that the tachometer works on 4 cylinder with the sensor wired to the negative of one of the two igniters . Then out of the blue the bloody alarm wouldn't reset , found all the wiring under the dash Jesus those alarm installers are rough buggers . Then all of a sudden she worked again , nothing worse than an intermittent fault!

Sorry photobucket is being stupid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well finally drove the Pajero today , down the drive way and back , she changed gear .......woohoo . Few issues the fuel pump is pretty loud so may look at mounting this in the tank . Worst issue is the power steering hose blew off , need to get a one piece pipe instead of two joined together! ( very unprofessional ) but it moves and drives , and I've got a garage again.

• Like 2