• 6 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hay man

Had a big chat with Brent the other night, top bloke, looking forward to seeing his car come together.

He said u were getting his 323 motor. Good work on that. Looking forward to seeing another e21 on the road again.

If I can help in any way just yell out.

I'm keen to see how your coil overs ride on the street.

Are you planning on doing the disc rear end swap when you do the sub Frame?

I have been looking at rear disc conversions using the drum hubs turned down to fit in a vw disc with a vw calliper and custom bracket. Able to be fitted on to drum trailing arms. Easier than the rocking horse poo factory discs.

shit it looked rad!

Yeah once! It will be ready for Nats '16 I promise, then we can have e21 races yeah?

Hay man

Had a big chat with Brent the other night, top bloke, looking forward to seeing his car come together.

He said u were getting his 323 motor. Good work on that. Looking forward to seeing another e21 on the road again.

If I can help in any way just yell out.

I'm keen to see how your coil overs ride on the street.

Are you planning on doing the disc rear end swap when you do the sub Frame?

I have been looking at rear disc conversions using the drum hubs turned down to fit in a vw disc with a vw calliper and custom bracket. Able to be fitted on to drum trailing arms. Easier than the rocking horse poo factory discs.

Yeah Brent is a top man, and that car is going to be ridiculous when done! Going to be using his 323i motor while I build the 2.8 (long term, needs cash injected that I don't have).

Happy to give you a ride when it's back on the road, I'm sure Sparkle will attest to this, they're nothing short of brilliant.

Going disk rear end yeah, I lucked out and grabbed all the bits off that rust bucked I scrapped earlier!

I'd keep an eye out for the 323i setup, you never know man. Being unloved, a whole bunch of e21s have been scrapped over the years.

Just my preference, but I always prefer to use factory bits haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't bring myself to bodge it up! OCD spec haha
I would remove both inner and outer skins by the spot welds and weld new panels in, only way to do it right and remove any chance of the menace creeping up again!
Returning to stock may be an option (with the 2.3 motor), no longer have stock springs etc anymore though. Got a bit carried away and the engine bay is essentially empty now anyway (all bagged and tagged at least!).
I'll have a hunt and let you know about the door handles

• Like 1