Slacker_Sam's 1986 Volvo 360GLT Eurotrash Spec

Slacker_Sam.

Nice job on the mount rebuild, last time I encountered this problem I substituted the mounts for Benz ones.

Like this https://www.mountshop.co.nz/shopdisplayitem.asp?category=23&master_group=8&item=23A005

Worth a shot next time, the 202 mounts fit basically everything :)

Clean the engine breather before giving it too much death, seen a few of these spit oil out everywhere coz of a solid blocked mesh

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the Volvo bucket loads of fun. It towed my Triumph from Nelson to Motueka easy as. I had a few funny looks as the Volvo is so small compared to the Trump. I was going to put some rivets in the holes as they are only 3.5mm but in my haste / laziness I didn't. The sikaflex hasn't come squirting out the holes though, I gave it plenty of time to fully cure before I fitted them.

yeah, best way is to go for 13s with a small tyre then lower till guard is in line with the tyre, will have like an inch travel though.

Rear can take 2 inch blocks and be pretty much perfect height. Also don't need U bolts, just need 2 inch longer bolts. mine cost me $16 or so for 8 with nyloc nuts from a bolt shop

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Slacker_Sam.

Volvo has had some major neglect. I haven't washed it for ages, been used as a tool box/van/ute/tow vehicle. I had to take the rear mags off as when towing a load they sit hard against the rear guards (looks totally sweet though.) I havn't got around to re-fitting them. Also I Scored a B230E Motor & trans. Not sure if I'll fit it yet though as its non turbo.

Filth:

SAM_5168_zps6db795b3.jpg