Toyota 1KZ-T Engines Electronic vs manual Injector pumps?

Seedy Al

Hey guys

So I may have the opertunity to purcjase a 1kz turbo out of a Super Custom.

The complete van is getting wreaked, so i can get as little or as much stuff out of it as I need / want.

So I was thinking this would be a pefect oppertunity to maybe put a better motor in the Old Brown 1985 super custom i have, which is currently 2L-T

I can probabaly get this 1kz for a pretty decent price, along with all the electronic stuff etc.

So mu question really is, I have heard of people running 5l injector pumps on these. To me this sounds like a good option, as wiring up the 1kz could be a total cunt, then again, i have never even looked in to it, and maybe its not.

has anyone converted a 1kz to manual injection, and if so, did it lose any of its power? as these motors seem to run fucken well in stock form, and from what I here even better with a few ECU tweeks. But can this same power be achieved by converting to 5l pump?

Also, does anyone know much about the Auto transmissions in these? Would I be opening a can of worms in that end? can i use my original? or are the Super custom ones all Electrnoicly controlled and linked in with the ECU? Would love to convert to manual, but fuck that is alot of mucking around, and probably alot of money

Cool, thoughts? Flame away etc?

Does this even make sense?

triangle?

get better results from using a modified non-electronic 4m40t mitsi pump AFAIK. heaps of 4wd jokers do it. there's some place up auckland ways i think that mods the mitsi pumps ready to roll.

get heaps more tuneability and power from the normal pumps.

5l pump isn't nearly as good. will work but wont be as amazing. 2l-t pump would be jsut as good plus have an aneroid/why would you want to limit fuel off boost anyways.

mint.

will do some searchign later for you and repost. work net is about to be turned offffff

As Cam says. 4m40 pump is the way. Or you can get a factory 1KZ-t manual pump. They we're all manual over seas pre 1996. We only got EFI ones sadly.

Manual pump will give you better tuneability, and hence power. But the best benifit is better mileage, as we all know the 1KZ-TE is horrible on diesel, manual injection really helps.

Also intercool that shiz please. And they like the boost too. 20 psi is easy with manual injection

No sure there really is enough room to get an inter cooler in there, I have looked into this years ago.

however, had a chat with old nathan gaes ago, about water meth injection, and he has heard it is fucken amazing.

Ok, i will look into pump options.

As for van, currently its an auto, hence Why i am not so keen to do the conversion, however the gains would be massive. as autos suck power like your mum sucked foot ball playes back in high school.

in reality I think keeping it auto would make my life alot easier, so will probabaly just do that. its just fitting the trans into my van and wiring it up that will be a cunt. tho i hope they are the same wiring as a non super custom, then I might have a chance of getting a wiring diagram!

Sounds like the mitsi pump is the way to go.

DSL in chch does the 4m40 pumps and will also build you a 2l-t hybrid, whic could be a go.

depends how much you want out of it. without intercooler you don't wanna push it much past 15psi for extended periods or you'll get way too high in the EGT's.

could run a water to air intercooler and poke the little radiator under the floorhalfway down the back, though. endless options.

guys with the surfs and shit fettle the electronic boxes to fully manualise them so there's no reason you can't just slam the late model electronic auto in and run a manualised shifter on it.

chahurrrr

cbf finding any links. i'm sure you kow your google skills, or can ring those jokers n chch to se what they reckon.

some people say you can just chuck an L series pump on them with somefettling. you could use your oneas it'll have a boost aneroid but again, it's not crucial.

make sure yu chuck an EGT gague on it for tuning purposes.

then you will win.