R100's Sensible Slammed Terrano family wagon

R100

Hey.

That's wrong. Without an ecu you can select all gears manually- you just need to use a few relays switched by the inhibitor switch to tell the box which gear you want.

There are two solenoids and each available combination of on and off gives you a different gear. I can look it up when needed but it will be something like

1st = s1 on s2 off

2nd = s1 on s2 on

3rd = s1 off s2 off

4th = s1 off s2 on

The inhibitor switch is just a slide switch that tells the ecu what position the shift lever is in. The switch is on the side of the gearbox and you just wire it up to switch a bunch of relays to activate the solenoids like above. I had mine so that when in D you had 3rd and when you pressed OD you got 4th (wired up so that the switch only had power while in D)

Then you pulled the lever back to select the lower gears.

It's easier to do than it is to explain haha

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

What are you doing for a sump?

Picture below is the standard 4x4 Safari Sump

If i cut 6cm out of the bowl part this will bring it inline with the very bottom of the bell-housing. 

No parts of the engine/sump or transmission sump will sit below the front cross-member. 

These engines take 10 to 11 liters of oil including filters.

Since i wont be doing any 4 wheel driving or climbing 45 degree slopes i should be fine.

2lcn18k.jpg

• Like 3