DR30 coupe of DJZness

0R10N

Yes!

Stoked that it's gone to a good home. Also, I know the glacial pace I'm proceeding at with my own DR30s means that I'll never be able to hold a candle to whatever awesome plans you have in store for this thing. Therefore I shall attempt to live vicariously through your efforts.

p.s. no one believed me when I said Cobra "lowering springs" actually made my sedan higher than factory. Go figure!

I'm pretty sure it was complete, the coil lead had the option of either a straight boot or right angle boot and you crimp the terminal yourself. I think the top cap things will come off, just don't want to root mine in case they don't!

There are two different "heights" for DR30 ignition leads depending on year. I bought a set of early ones (pre iron mask) for testing last year and they weren't long enough to fit down the plug holes, so they're now pretty much surplus to requirements. Turns out my leads (from 1983 according to the writing on them) are perfectly fine anyway, it was the module on the side of the coil that was fucked and causing all my misfiring dramas.

Incidentally you can pull the giant dust caps off by removing the rubber piece which detaches from the bottom of each lead first. Handy.

retrofitting them to new leads will be interesting though, if they don't have correspondingly detachable caps.

oh, and when you say "left rear" of the engine bay (describing the parts which have been removed from behind the strut tower) are you referring to the passenger side? That's where the factory air adjustable damper controller usually sits.

It's pretty awesome, it's the first turbo 4 cylinder that I've owned and when it's running right it's great. You're more than welcome to take it for a drive once it's legal if you want?

oh, and when you say "left rear" of the engine bay (describing the parts which have been removed from behind the strut tower) are you referring to the passenger side? That's where the factory air adjustable damper controller usually sits.

Just saw this, yeap that's where I'm referring to, there's a big empty space there. The car has Bilstein shocks in the back and very possibly something aftermarket in the front. Do the struts themselves usually have hoses running to them or something from this controller?

^ Yeah, I believe so.

Mine has the adjustable damping still intact and the in-cabin switch still functions as normal, but the air pump is disconnected, oddly enough.

The dramas with adapting the Bosch fuel pump were precisely why I gave up attempting to fit a 910 to my coupe and ended up using kyteler's old factory L20ET pump instead.

I'll return to tackle this problem on the sedan instead, which will be running an 040 "Motorsport" pump. Figured that since a whole heap of extra fabrication is being done anyway, some additional custom fuel lines/brackets won't blow the budget.