• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Llama

Well, that was fun.

Took the bike and missus just around the corner to the carpark to teach her to ride a bike. All going OK, she can take off without bunny hoppying etc. Then it starts raining, so she takes the shortcut home and I ride the bike back. Took the long route because it's less cop-busy (bike still unreg). Cue running out of gas, and pushing the bike the rest of the way home in the rain. Felt like a real twit haha.

Also, who has a impact driver that I can borrow? Got all but two of the sidecover screws off, other ones wouldn't move with penetr8, hammer and suitable sized screwdriver. Thinking of replacing them with allen key screws

Guest Llama

Well, took out the other lot of oil (was only ever going to be a flush). Also decided to clean out the oil filters. Side cover comes off fine, but couldn't get the oil filter cap off the filter. Would look like I need a small internal puller thing to get it out? Dad tried driving it out, broke one of the tabs :rolleyes:

Put it all back together, fresh oil, and now the kickstarter doesn't turn the engine. This is unfortunate as the electric start also doesn't work. Looks like it will be an early day for me tomorrow then.

Customary pic

DSC_0179.jpg

little bikes like this are so easy to push start. I daily rode my fzr for a year with a dead battery. could start it at walking pace haha

Guest Vintage Grumble

Haha, yeh, my GT50 needs one foot of push to start it, lols.

Weird that it has gears in there, I always thought these had some crazy chain set up for the starters? Or maybe thats on the other side of the motor for the electric start?

Guest Llama

OK, so turns out when I took it all apart and with fresh oil the clutch must have shed some crap, so it suddenly became a whole lot less sticky. Hence kickstarter wasn't working. Easy to adjust, but by the time I'd figured that out, i'd already taken the oil out and the sidecover off. Sigh.

Still, good for a doort. Waitiing on bits for the front brakes, then it will be rego time.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Llama

Brakes now stopping fine, but I was having some more electrical problems. The flasher was shorting, so I un-plugged that. The starter motor also doesn't work, so that got unplugged too. The bike now holds 10v when charged (would probably charge to more, but I haven't run it for that long. Has a slight but regular miss at 4k. Carbs could probably use a clean, also have new points on the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Arrrr. 

Well, it lights up like a freaking christmas tree, so that's a bonus.

However, after a few seconds running it seems to choke and die. Will run, but not under any load, won't even make it up our street (although to be fair, neither can your mum).

Have doubled checked points (which are new) and plug gap, reset carbs. Also has new condensor. Pulled the plugs and they are rather black looking.

Main question being: 

Does a weak spark cause incomplete combustion causing fouling? Otherwise that would mean it's running too rich?

• 2 months later...

I think I have issues. Just picked up this for chump change

All CB200 parts, including frame, tank, two drum brake wheels with the tyres still pretty good, a raggedy seat, forks, shocks, guard, and a box of bits including carbs, lights, handlebars, battery/tool box etc. 

DSC_0280+%25282%2529.jpg

Given that I already have the 360 motor, I think I may have found a bike for the missus?