Lowrota's post apocalyptic XAGT rep

ProZac

liking it mate,and exhaust wise bothmy mates who have v8 coons(1 has xa mont,other has xb coon) have them out just behind wheels,XA runs baloney cut tips for a deep rumble,xb has straight cut tips but sounds lumpier as it doesnt run a balance pipe.both are twin 2" systems to a single muffler in each pipe,then xa goes to 2.5,xb stays 2" .personally i like the deep rumble of the xa but a lumpy as fook idle cant be beaten either :)

i would,personally i like having the pipes on a v8 out just in front of each wheel but thats a no no on a 4 door(well it isnt but its a cunt to get legal),so angle pipes behind the wheels does the trick.and if i ever get an 8 i wont be running a balance pipe,i like my lumpy idle 8)

That looks real nice, You got the spark plug leads nice and neat,

I had a Falcon ute with lake pipes and a 302 Cleveland, lumpy cam, it was Honorably loud, then I got a 3" system with a flowmaster 50 series muffler witch sounded like crap not at all like a v8.

I reckon 2 X 2 1/4" system with glass pack mufflers with tail pipes pointing straight out the back.

That looks real nice, You got the spark plug leads nice and neat,

I had a Falcon ute with lake pipes and a 302 Cleveland, lumpy cam, it was Honorably loud, then I got a 3" system with a flowmaster 50 series muffler witch sounded like crap not at all like a v8.

I reckon 2 X 2 1/4" system with glass pack mufflers with tail pipes pointing straight out the back.

Yeah mines quite loud but sounds like a bloody grunt v8. It could be quietened a little but not to much :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has it got factory belt anchorages in the back? you can buy new belts, they arent that expensive. most belts have the same mounting so they are fairly universal

trans seal i wouldnt stress over too much, if its been sitting a while sometimes the converter drains back into the trans and it finds new places to leak from

• 4 months later...