Japawagons MS110 Slammed Sedan

Yowzer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran it back to the original system. The timing was sitting at 28 Degrees at idle after what we did on Saturday. . The engine was not loving that at all. The secondary diaphragm on the distributor is to retard the ignition timing, I am assuming to aid the EGR system. But this wouldn't have been working correctly due to the bi metal vacuum switches being broken and non existent. So it now has about 13 degrees idling at around 800rpm and then maxs out at about 28 Degrees.

Relatively certain the diaphragm that catches the throttle isn't doing anything at all which makes the engine want to die when it's unloaded and you come off the throttle suddenly.

Before you chuck that windscreen in you have the correct rubber spacers right? you probably do but its step one of doing a good job. Basically you space the window at the bottom and sides, also the depth then it can only sit in one place when you drop it in, only thing you can fuck up when its spaced properly is not enough goo. Usually you can save 90% of the old spacers when the window is removed

Yea basically you get the window all aligned with little rubber blocks, you stick them in place with widow urethane. Basically if you dont use these to get the depth right the trim wont fit properly, also they sit at the bottom and sides and stop it sagging

So we had the bottom spacer blocks for the screen placement etc and had it all correctly aligned that way. But however I believe that we must've some how fucked up the screen height, there is plenty of goo underneath. As the chrome trim is now sitting proud.. Fuck.

The guy who advised me of the screen installation only talked of the two blocks at the bottom of the screen and said the were to aligned the screen etc and which of course they were and worked well but I didn't even think about the height that the screen sits off the window frame.

Hmmm...

• 2 months later...

The shocks were cheap as chips from the states but the freight however was not... About $45 US for the shocks and $100 US Shipping I think it was... Ended up being just under $200 NZD. But they're were a perfect fit...

I'm still seriously considering it but I would have to get rid of the 110.