Help need KE35 wireing guide PLEASE with a cherry on top

EvoBilly

so im in a mad panic trying to get this sr done in time for nats ive been on a good roll up to this point

i opened the box with all the wire loom for the whole car front to rear ive worked out what part goes roughly were engine bay part under dash part and to rear loom now ive found a heap of cut wires in the engine bay loom and under dash loom i would like to tidy this all up but i need to know what the wires are for so i can fix the ones i need and remove the ones i don't need

so im hoping someone knows of a link for online book to wire up the car

427768_10150587706226570_679246569_9650579_675801061_n.jpg

Have you tride club-k?

There should be someone on there that can point you in the right direction.

My brother has just re wired the front end of his KE20, but will be of no help as all of his stuff is custom for the 13b t.

Don't any of your mates have KE3*s?? get one of them to bring their car around & compare looms / what goes where.

looked all ova club k been a few people asking for them but no one answered or they just said if ya don't know take it to a sparkie so that not much help maybe they just none online

been told the local liberay has a toyota corolla hynes book just not sure what years its for so gotta go check that

ive got a ke30 but thats got a 4age so not sure whats been modded been trying to follow some of it but that really need to be pulled out and re-done its a mess and sadly i don't have friends (well none with old toyotas local) :cry:

probably not much help. but have you layed it all out in the car, plugged everything in that can be, attach all grounds. then power it up and see what works and what doesn't? obviously want to throw a bit of tape on cut wires or anything that looks like it could short.

from there work on one thing at a time, getting everything going that isn't. once everything is sorted that you need. go back and strip out any unused plugs and wire.

probably not much help. but have you layed it all out in the car, plugged everything in that can be, attach all grounds. then power it up and see what works and what doesn't? obviously want to throw a bit of tape on cut wires or anything that looks like it could short.

from there work on one thing at a time, getting everything going that isn't. once everything is sorted that you need. go back and strip out any unused plugs and wire.

yes this is somthing along the lines that im going to try main bit that is missing tho is the starter alt and battery wires i think ive found them just can't find were they join to plus looking to relocate battery to the boot

is there a public library in Blenheim haha?

If so check it out.

I know the one in the Lower Hutt has a whole section of car manuals, you cant take them out but for a few photo copys you would have the whole electrical section in your hands.

And ke3* corolla manuals seem pretty common

i know last time i looked there 90% of there manuals were 70s and 80s and i looked up online so i know theres a corolla one just dosn't say what years and yeah ya can't take them out just gotta do photo copys other option is $69 on trademe to buy one might just have to do that as it will come in handy at some point since it will cover both ke30 and 35

ok update of wire issues i found out the book they have is 80-83 so thats no help i need to hook the pos+ battery into the loom can't find how or where also should ther be earth wires some were in the loom?

so i found this bit of loom goes to alt+ reg and starter

421894_10150595751786570_679246569_9682091_452985651_n.jpg

the end of it has this plug and wire i guess the big wire goes to the battery the plug i don't know as there not matching plugs anywere

has 3 wires black/white (goes to starter triger) white/yellow and white/red go to reg

428107_10150595751911570_679246569_9682093_1681016165_n.jpg

this should be the part of the loom it joins to but can't find any matching color wires plus don't know what all the other wires are for it goes in engine bay on the passangers side one of the plugs goes to the wiper motor the other goes to the window washer just the cut wires i don't know

428641_10150595751686570_679246569_9682090_188126273_n.jpg

this is the bit that plugs into it unsure what the red wire with spade conecter is for

421062_10150595752731570_679246569_9682099_1687890620_n.jpg

can anyone tell me should there be a relay or somthing in the end spot

418203_10150595752266570_679246569_9682096_616333595_n.jpg

429869_10150595752641570_679246569_9682098_721144329_n.jpg

once i get the loom powered up i should be good to work out whats working and test what turns on with switchs etc so if anyone can aid with getting power would be great

started to write what i thought stuff may do, in more detail. but could be totally wrong so i wont,,

you'd find the big white(no stripe) cables are the main power feeds, from alt, fuse box, battery etc. and will be mostly linked together

your start wire black/white. will probably go back to cabin. so everything on that plug may go back into cabin fusebox/ignition barrel

you should find a few small ground wires on the loom. but nothing massive as anything thing requiring alot of power will be directly grounded to engine or body. just make sure you have decent earth cable from battery, to engine and body.

the fat starter wire should go to battery +

started to write what i thought stuff may do, in more detail. but could be totally wrong so i wont,,

you'd find the big white(no stripe) cables are the main power feeds, from alt, fuse box, battery etc. and will be mostly linked together

your start wire black/white. will probably go back to cabin. so everything on that plug may go back into cabin fusebox/ignition barrel

you should find a few small ground wires on the loom. but nothing massive as anything thing requiring alot of power will be directly grounded to engine or body. just make sure you have decent earth cable from battery, to engine and body.

the fat starter wire should go to battery +

cheers could you do more detail like you started i wont blame you if its wrong just would give me a idea what to test as

what i found out so far basicly what kpr said

White to battery pos via fuse link

starter trigger black/white

earth wires seem to be all white/black

yellow white wire is the charge/battery dash light

black yellow is power on with key - so gonna use this for carb idle fuel kill thing (donno if thats what its for or not)

what ive got left to work out

yellow/green

green/black

green/red

green/-

blue/-

also trying to work out why coil power wire not powering up on key on

thats the last bit to work out to start via key

still have issues with lights looking at putting some earths in see if that helps

can anyone make these bigger and clearer or get the same thing bigger and clearer

KE30,%2035%20&%2036%20Wiring.jpg

KE30,%2035%20&%2036%20Wiring%202.jpg

ok update we have had a win with the wires and the car now starts on the key :bounce:

found out that the power to the coil only got power on key start postion so im guessing that would have been for the old bellist resistor set up there was no key on feed wire any were in the engine bay so i traced the coil wire back cut it and joined to key on power wire since im running a gt40 non bellist coil

next found the trigger wire some one had swaped the pins in the plug so poped that out and swap it to the right way still didn't go traced it back to a plug the sits behind the headunit area must be missin a bit of the loom in my box not sure what it should do but appears to go in and out in a loop so just cut the wires from the plug and joined and the car started right up :)

now to start working through the other issues can anyone give me ideas why when i turn the indercators on all the park lights flash and when i turn the park lights on all the indercators light up if i unplug the rear lights the left indercator works fine with no park lights but the right one still brings the parks on then if i plug that in and unplug the front its the other way around the right one works fine but the left one lights up the park lights, there is only a pos wire running to each light and the housing is the earth got me stumped

i havn't tested if the charging system is working yet

headlights work high and low

park lights go (weird link with indercators)

indercators go (weird link with park lights)

tail lights go park and stop

dash seems to go couple warning lites don't seem to go but i don't think they been hooked up

on a roll now

When the park lights flash is it JUST the park lights flash or the park AND the indicators?

Same question with the indicators staying on when the park lights are turned on..

its both but what ever your doing will be the brighter so if you have a indercator on it will flash bright and the park lights will have a dull flash

531357_10150606861511570_679246569_9722646_1609694784_n.jpg

this is a pick of the dash with park lights on the lil indercator lights on, on there too as that is the major mods to wires are on the back of this dash so thinkin its a crossed wire but i few guides on things to try to rule out possable issues would be good

Sounds like you have an earth the wrong way around.

If it was me I would find the earth and power for each of those signals and switch the power and earth around on ONE of them.. Put a fuse inline just to be safe..

earth on the dash or the switch or the lights them self?

coz the lights them self only have 1 wire to each and just earth to the body when ya bolt them on