Toyota colour coding of wires

Seedy Al

Hey peps

So I have a Jap import toyota Townace here, every so often it just cuts out, but only when The customer is driving it, it would seem., and I have spent so much fucken time on it I'm ready to burn it.

Its a Y series with fuel injection, so I was hoping to try and get some codes out of it, however I'm not sure where the diagnoisic plug is to bridge out the wires.

Assuming most of the early fuel injection systems of the toyota 80's use the same colour coding, would anyone know what two clour wires I should be looking for to locate the Diagnostic plug??

Thanks for any help!

Allan

I remember seeing a diagnostics plug somewhere around the air filter on a townace once.

This was a few years ago though and I may be waaaaay wrong.

edit: you likely already know this but shorting te1 and e1 will get you some codes if your scanner won't do it.

Colours vary all the time. Easiest way would be to take lid off ecu an check pinout labels. Can use a wire or paperclip or something to earht it without cutting any wires. Bluetop 4age was black/green labelled 'T', bound to be diff for townace though

Toyota manual says the ECU is in the B pillar passengers side so could be round that area or maybe try on e of the hatches behind drivers seat?

It could have one of the older style round diagnostic plugs possibly

Can borrow the manual if you really get stuck Al