GX60 live axle diff swap options?

LWL1FE

So i'm going through axles way to fast to source replacements and i'm keen to do the old school track day etc but can't source anymore axles and basically wouldn't trust them over the course of the weekend anyway. My plan is to do a conversion but i don't want to shorten the diff and i can only get another 5mm max out either side. My current e-series is around 1440 wide off the top of my head so what are my options? How will an f-series last? I can get an r31 diff which would be perfect but am yet to measure the width and don't know how strong it is. Would also like the option of an lsd.

I'm thinking 4wd liteace since (will confirm this weekend) the 2wd e-series have the same axles as the cressida so width should be mint. And yea altezza diff would be the plan. Whats the usual price for an altezza lsd?

Why bother, when there's an F series that will bolt straight in?

I'd rather spend 6 months looking for a diff, than spending 6 months of tits for hands fabrication efforts making an abortion of shortening a diff.

hilux diffs are only good if they're locked, unless you've got $$$$ to spend on buying an LSD that actually works properly.

• 5 months later...

note to those that care/want to do similar, i'm going to run a early 80's hilux diff purely because it's fractionally shorter (there are shorter again available but less common) and beacause g-series lsd is alot more common and cheap compared to f-series altezza liteace abominaton. Plus in the end it will still be stronger and apparently torsen lsd eats kaka