GOOD panel beater in auckland

So this is why i don't let people drive my cars. My mate went to reverse my chaser off the lawn on to the driveway, and swung the front round too far and took out a tree..with my door and guard.

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

So obviously its munched the guard, but the door has also taken a hit. Now since the guard is bent the passenger door wont open as the front of the door hits it. I was wondering if anybody knew of a good panel beater in the auckland area, that wont cost me a arm and a leg.

Cheers in advance.

Kurt

Kind of hard to tell from those pictures how bad the door is, but that guard definitely looks like it would be cheaper to buy a second hand one rather than get it repaired. Depending how bad the door is, same with that.

A lot of the cost in panelbeating comes in labour time swapping parts over and the rest, so the more yo do yourself, i.e. swapping over and stripping down the door and guard, the more money you will save.

The door is probably just repairable however, so once you find a panelbeater you want, ask them, and if it is, strip the door down before you take it in, and tell them you will reassemble it yourself.

My 2c.

I can't recommend any panelbeaters in Auckland sorry, as I am in Whangarei.

yeah, that guard is not worth repairing at all, the door could be fixed by most panelbeaters as long as they arent muppets but may still be cheaper just to get a s/h door if possible, then just get any minor dents taken out and resprayed

If a guard is hard to find at a good price then that guard is repairable without too much problem, and unless you can get a second hand door the same colour its probably cheaper to get yours repaired. however dont ask me how much it'll cost, i only beat the panels